ADVERTISEMENT

The Ramblings of an Idiot

YaBoyCaillou

Junior
Silver Member
Nov 5, 2023
My thoughts after the game, let me hear yours

The Good:
- Won a must win game, clear path to bowl eligibility and at worst a .500 season, maybe not what we wanted but something we have to take
- Huge week and weekend for recruiting, winning the rivalry game probably helps in that department
- 0 turnovers, 0 penalties, 0 sacks. First time that has happened all season and the main reason Michigan won despite getting outgained by nearly 100 yards
- Davis Warren played like a P4 quarterback. Started off a bit shakey but made some great throws. Was a little scared when he threw across his body on that 3rd down but he converted it. I think benching him for a couple of weeks gave him sometime to reflect and grow.
- Orji finally unleashed his legs 8 games into the season. I can't believe he only got his first rushing TD of the season last night but I'm glad he's finally pulling off some runs
- Play calling was significantly better on the offensive side of the ball, if Kirk was calling the plays and not Sherrone then he deserves some good credit. I know many will point out he schemed guys open last week but he's also the QB coach so he's also responsible for the QB play 🤷‍♂️. That being said, last night was a great night for QBs
- Secondary held it down pretty well considering Johnson was out
- Jaishawn Barham is continuing to play well that's nice we're going to need that for the rest of the season
- Josiah Stewart continues to be one of the best EDGE players in the country
- KG learned from his mistakes and just fell on the ball

The Bad:
- Shouldn't lose our tempers at the end of the game, I know Sparty started it but have to be above it
- Dropped some Int's, one of which would've likely gone to the house
- Had some good punts but also some terrible ones, what's up with Tommy Doman?

The Ugly:
- Tackling across the board was pretty bad, State has some slippery guys so give them some credit but has to improve from here on out
- 3rd and Long continues to be Wink's kryptonite, I'm not exactly sure why or what it is but figure it out this is the best position to be in as a DC
- Defensive play calling was confusing, not sure why we keep putting MG on the EDGE, they ripped off a big play almost every time it happened
- Run defense was bad last week, but ugly this week. Oregon has some very fast guys we need to plug these holes much better or they won't have to work hard to win
- Run blocking was pretty hit or miss this week as well, many times our RBs just had nowhere to go.
- 15 yards and just 4 plays is in the first quarter is pretty awful, just can't do that in a rivalry game, thank goodness we we're able to still pull out a win

Looking ahead:
Ohio State had a massive size advantage against Oregon but in their soft fashion they decided not to flex it. If Michigan wants any chance to keep it close with Oregon Michigan has to push this as hard as they can. Hopefully this win gives the team, but specifically Davis Warren and Alex Orji, some major confidence going forward.

Go Blue!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.