ADVERTISEMENT

The issue with Max is scholarships, right?

bigdog00

All-American
May 29, 2001
Ann Arbor, MI
If Caris comes back and nobody transfers, we only have one open scholarship, correct? If we add the German kid, that'd be it. So the options for Max to come back would involve Caris leaving, another kid transferring, Austin getting a medical? or Max paying his own way? Given the family wealth, I wonder if its a real option that would be considered where Max would be a walk on. Maybe enroll in the MBA program (I remember reading that he was going to join his dad in trading, or something like that) and walk on. Just a thought.

I read MHoops post about needing Doyle to be the guy if we are going to make a run next year, but I still think Max would be very valuable to this team. I've been one of Max's biggest fans all season, so I'm biased, but if Doyle gets sick (like yesterday), injured or in foul trouble, having a solid big to back him up would be huge. I'm not sure if Donnal will ever materialize into a player that we want on the floor (I hope he does) and am not sure what to expect from DJ either (so thin). Having a big that can bang would be great.

I'll trust in JB, but I really hope we find a way to keep Max on the roster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News