ADVERTISEMENT

THAT was bad D.

alfadriver

Junior
Feb 8, 2006
Somewhere on the walk to Yost.
Man, the team struggled all night in our zone. Panic was the total cause of the 2nd goal, and I was not paying attention in OT. Although that replay looked like the puck was in before contact.

The young line really struggled tonight, too.

Oh, well.

The end result turned out to be worse, but I thought we did some things better in our own zone, most notably cutting down on the number of high-quality looks we gave them. Their shot attempts and shots on goal were way down too. Unfortunately, the breakdowns were killers, and both regulation goals resulted.

I'd go beyond saying the young line struggled and include anyone not on the Dancs-Marody-Calderone line. I'm not expecting the offense from 2 years ago, but some secondary scoring would go a long way. I was surprised Winborg was out of the lineup. I thought his line was doing some good things.

5-3 after non-conference play isn't bad. It's just a shame that it could be 7-1. Next weekend will be interesting, to say the least.

That was a poor loss in this respect (among others): Last year on several weekends we had good Friday nights against middling teams and then bad Saturday nights. Sweeping Ferris would have been a sign of progress compared to last year in this respect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT