ADVERTISEMENT

Teske on Defense

mman1969

Sophomore
Jan 1, 2018
Holt Mi.
If Teske would jump a little on defense he could block a lot more shots, and be a bit more of an asset on the defense. I've watched him a lot this year and it seems to me that if he doesn't jump very much when he blocks shots. I watched him last night, when Cook laid it up over him a half dozen times, and Jon just got up on his tip toes and let him score. He is a very good defensive force around the basket. Anybody else see the same thing that I did?

If Teske would jump a little on defense he could block a lot more shots, and be a bit more of an asset on the defense. I've watched him a lot this year and it seems to me that if he doesn't jump very much when he blocks shots. I watched him last night, when Cook laid it up over him a half dozen times, and Jon just got up on his tip toes and let him score. He is a very good defensive force around the basket. Anybody else see the same thing that I did?
Leaving his feet is usually not a good idea, unless he's certain the guy is going to shoot it.

Leaving his feet is usually not a good idea, unless he's certain the guy is going to shoot it.
Why would you say that, if he could jump the offensive player would have to alter his shot. If he doesn't jump the player scores most of the time. Please explain to me what is your reasoning for your reply? Go Blue Always

You should only leave your feet on defense to rebound or you're pretty sure to block a sot. Otherwise, you're defenseless off your feet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT