ADVERTISEMENT

Terrible way to end a dream ending.

alfadriver

Junior
Feb 8, 2006
Somewhere on the walk to Yost.
Never expected the team to make it to the Frozen Four this year, even though both Mel and the team talked about it. So we were pretty elated that they made it, and that the games at this point should be just gravy and enjoyment.

But what a horrific way to end that dream. It would have been easier to take losing by 2 or 3 than losing it in the last 10 seconds after we came back to tie it up late AND we had the puck in their zone pretty well.

Ugh.

Yep, pretty depressing ending (but then so was loosing to OSU in the first 30 seconds of OT in the B1G playoffs). The boys, unfortunately, reverted to 2016-2017 form at the wrong time. And all 4 ND goals resulted from our own mistakes.

I don't want to be critical either, this team exceeded our expectations (although, it should be clear by now that last year's team underachieved.) I was about to type "it was a great season" but the correct statement is, "it was a great last 3 months." The unfortunate thing is that we can play with any of the other 3 FF teams. (Compare this to the team that got shellacked by OSU and MSU in late November/early December).

Well, Calderone, Dancs, Piazza, Cutler Martin and Porikos played on teams that won 82 games. (Rough final game for Sam, though.) Good for them. Three of their 4 teams were good, competitive teams. Every team has its own culture, but I hope everyone else with eligibility will come back, and along with a healthy Lockwood (we hope), Luke Morgan, and hopefully Bode Wilde and a couple of other good recruits, if the boys keep adhering to Mel's message, we can have another good run.

Truth be told I was upset with Lavigne right after that last goal. It was pretty weak. Then I saw his face, the disappointment. Just too darn bad.

Reactions: 1Msweet
It's fair to fault Hayden. But IMHO, there's more blame on Cecconi- who should have been able to prevent the pass, and more Hughes and Dancs- who BOTH could have covered other guy. As that play developed, it was a 2 on 3.... Gotta finish the game.

Reactions: 1Msweet
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT