ADVERTISEMENT

Stranges Decommits

Packer487

All-American
Oct 12, 2001
Madison, WI
www.yostbuilt.com
Going to London, shocking no one.

This is a bummer b/c he's supposed to be unbelievable, but I'm trying to not get stressed out about hockey decommits anymore. Mel is recruiting at such a high level that attrition is going to happen (and he's probably planning for it, given the commit numbers). "If you play college hockey, make us your choice" is a fine strategy.

I was trying to think....outside of Connor Carrick, John Gibson, Trevor Lewis, and *anny Richmon*, have any of our decommits/kids who left for the CHL gone on to do anything? Lucas Lessio and Jack Campbell had a few games in the NHL but nothing major. AJ Jenks, Jared Knight, Matt Nickerson, Robbie Czarnik, Jason Bailey, Tyler Swystun, Jared Walsh, Daniel Milne, and Bryson Cianfrone did nothing. Connor Murphy barely plays for Cornell. Sam Miletic has done nothing in 4 years in the OHL. Blade Jenkins is too soon to tell, but 40 points in the OHL doesn't really impress me. I can't remember if Matia Marcantuoni was actually a commit or was just going to come to Michigan if he decided on college, but he never did anything.

Not sure if I'm forgetting anyone after Comrie/Van Ryn/Bacashihua.

Not sure I would consider Danny Richmond as having done anything significant. 40 game NHL career. I guess he has had some good seasons in Europe.

Correction, 49 to be exact - 10 with the Hurricanes and 39 with the Black Hawks (and those games were with BAD Black Hawks teams, not with Stanley Cup contenders).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT