ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Spring Intel 3/29: Defense shines

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
Before I go on and discuss this week in practice, I should preface that it’s almost always the case that the defense is ahead of the offense when the bullets are live and the hitting starts.

- With that being said, the defense had a really good week this week. Wink’s pressures and blitzes “handled” the offense thoroughly.
- As for quarterbacks, we’re told that a lot of interceptions were thrown this week and there were some inconsistencies from all quarterbacks.
- There is currently no clear #1 QB yet

- On defense in particular, the linebacker group continues to receive a lot of praise. A LOT of praise.
- Jaishawn Barham is quickly turning into the spring darling for the program, who continues to receive a praise.
- We’re told Barham looks like a “freak” and is all over the place, quickly fitting in on defense.

As for the early offensive struggles, things need time to gel and the panic button should not be pressed currently. The defense is always ahead of the offense early but the offense needs time to get rhythm and gel, a lot of early pressure by Wink doesn’t necessarily allow that but it’s good practice.

More when I have it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News