ADVERTISEMENT

So, Wilton is leaving....

Code Blue

All-American
May 30, 2001
I liked the way Brandon Peters was playing before he got hurt. Now I see that Speight is transferring for his last year and I don't know if I should be nervous :). Looks like we're about to get our collective wish (no more Speight/O'Korn). I sure hope they shore up that O line or QB depth is going to be a real problem.

The problem is the OL and I do not see it being better next year. I have stated in other threads that you lose the two best OL on the team in LT and C from this team. Ruiz is a good player and he could be moved to center and that could be a wash. Oweneau is over weight and cannot be as effective in the second half. RT was a sieve this season and I do not an upgrade in the wings. The backup was replaced by the player now. The roster does not have a reserve, redshirt of incoming freshman that is better and will be an upgrade next year. This will allow much pressure on then QB and hopefully they will stay healthy. If you bring in a grad transfer how do you develop the future and get a commitment from other quality QB's.

Good luck to Wilton... Anyone heard anything confirming or denying the Shea Patterson rumors? Did he or is he actually planning to visit?

I believe Patterson would have to sit a year unless the NCAA allowed all the Mississippi transfers to have instant eligibility. The upheaval there may allow for this to happen.

I believe Patterson would have to sit a year unless the NCAA allowed all the Mississippi transfers to have instant eligibility. The upheaval there may allow for this to happen.
Word is only upcoming Seniors will be able to transfer with instant eligibility to hit the field.
This means no Shea Patterson

Reactions: jbannan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT