ADVERTISEMENT

So far so good. Wish Spike and Ricky the best but...

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
spike is done at this level and Ricky just doesn't have the athleticism to really make an impact with the current roster composition. I am thinking one other guy but won't mention his name but if he can't shoot from the perimeter then he is just too undersized to play down low.

Now to the main part of the post. I really hope that JB has sort of seen the light and taken a good hard look at this program because it needs a makeover. It needs more athletic bigs with size AND when going up against bigger teams then it needs a #4 with some size and no a hybrid 2/3 guard playing against a 6'10 brute especially when the #4 isn't efficient on the scoring end and you already have other scorers on the floor.

I also hope JB puts a majority priority on defense (rebounding). This program needs an infusion of toughness and defense. I don't have a problem with Dawkins (role player) but as someone else astutely said...you don't play defense then you sit.

I am all for a moderate JB system but not an extreme version of smurf/RR ball. This upcoming year reminds me of about 5 years ago when this program needed to make a move because it was floundering and Morgan and Burke turned it around. Making a call out for Wagner and Simpson.

Reality Man

Ur unnamed player, Donnal, will be a good stretch 4. He is a good ball player. Just not confident, and that shows. I dont know if he will ever be confident, but he is definitely worth having on the floor for 15-20 mins a game. He has a nice shot. Doesnt take it enough, and that is because of confidence. The light went off a few times, but he didnt relish being the guy, and the pressure got to him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT