ADVERTISEMENT

Semi-OT: Anyone ever sell M memorabilia on eBay?

GRLaw

Senior
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I've got a few hundred Michigan football programs, press books, record books, etc., going back as far as the 1920's. Most are from home games, but I've got about 25 or so from OSU, MSU, ND, Wisconsin, Purdue, IU, South Carolina, etc. away games.

A few are in pretty rough shape they're almost 100 years old!), but many/most are in good to very good shape, and a bunch of the more recent ones (from the 50's on) are mint. I'm definitely going to keep a bunch (the 1923 M v OSU even though it's in rough shape is too cool to let go; the 1969 OSU for obvious reasons; the 1977 Air Force "Band Day" which was my first trip to the Big House; the two in which my photo appears, and a few others that just have really cool-looking covers). But otherwise the programs are just sitting in boxes in our cedar closet.

I don't want to just throw these things away, so I was thinking of trying to sell them on eBay. But while I've bought a bunch of stuff on eBay, I've never sold anything, so I'm looking for advice as to whether I should consider it.

For those who have sold things, what should I know? Looking for positives, negatives, things to do and things to watch out for.

If it's too much hassle or risk, I suppose that I have two options: 1) take them to the local memorabilia store and see what they'll give me for the lot; or 2) hold some sort of Fort fundraiser where all proceeds go to Mott (or maybe to @friedbergboy 's annual "Help a Fort Member" campaign or something similar).

I'm not really trying to monetize this (although obviously if I do sell the stuff I can use the money to buy more items for my Man Cave!).

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts and suggestions - particularly as it relates to anyone with eBay experience.

Thanks!

Reactions: phimu213
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.