ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Matzka....

Yes, sad indeed. Only 40 years old and two young children. Well from what I have read eh put up a great fight against this disease.

Scott was a solid, 2-way, 4-year player for Red, stepped into the starting lineup as a freshman and stayed there.

But, Alphadriver, if you are referring to the 1998 national championship game, those 2 goals were scored by Scott's classmate Mark Kosick.

Yes, sad indeed. Only 40 years old and two young children. Well from what I have read eh put up a great fight against this disease.

Scott was a solid, 2-way, 4-year player for Red, stepped into the starting lineup as a freshman and stayed there.

But, Alphadriver, if you are referring to the 1998 national championship game, those 2 goals were scored by Scott's classmate Mark Kosick.
Dang, you are right. Why have I had those guys mixed up all of this time??? Darn.

ALS sucks- it's odd to think that UM' has had 2 players die from it in the last 30 years. More odd that my wife had a colleague who got it (Ann Arbor) and I also have a colleague who has it (somewhere else in SE MI- not sure where he lives). I thought ALS was super rare.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT