ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting SCOOP: New FutureCast For Michigan

brandonjustice

Senior Editor
Staff
May 24, 2016
Woodhaven, MI

I’ll be putting in a FutureCast, my first, in favor of Michigan for Chicago (Ill.) Marist four-star linebacker Jimmy Rolder.

Yesterday, I posted a nugget on him (linked) loving Michigan but a pause in the development of a potential commitment following his Ohio State visit.

After digging over the past 24 hours, I spoke to a closer source within his circle who told me, “he will probably end up at Michigan.”

The linebacker's recruitment in football is new as he had zero offers going into the season and now has 12 following LSU's offer last night. As we know, he's committed to Illinois for baseball but the masses believe he will choose football.

Now it seems he may try to play both sports if he can, and Jim Harbaugh's staff has done this before with Joey Velazquez, a current football & baseball player at the University. The staff may try to do this for Rolder, though he remains undecided on if he wants to do both. If he does, Michigan is a place it can work at.

According to the source, U-M has it all for Rolder: "I think the combination of football program tradition, coaching staff, and business school has attracted Jimmy."

Though Michigan is the clear leader, even after the visit to Columbus, the situation is still chaotic on a day-to-day basis.

"Kids' head is spinning right now, getting offers daily. LSU last night, Butkus award semifinal yesterday as well," the source said. "Just crazy."

"He's handling it well, though."

LSU, who's without a future coach at the moment, doesn't pose a threat at the time of writing, though it may if this recruitment lasts longer than the holiday.

Iowa, Minnesota & Ohio State remain threats but it sounds like the Wolverines have a healthy lead, even following visits elsewhere, which is always a promising sign.

A FutureCast on Rolder to Michigan is in from me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.