ADVERTISEMENT

Rudock has my vote

Another Hawkeye here. He's just not the answer. Sorry, we had to deal with games like this one for almost two solid years. Not saying we'll be great with CJ Beathard, but this validates my concerns on Rudock.

By the way, I'd be upset Morris didn't even see the field???

Reactions: The_Gent
There is a reason us Hawkeye fans called him Capt Checkdown. I'm actually surprised Harbaugh has stuck with him. I thought only Ferentz was stubborn enough to do that. However, wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy doesn't go with a new QB next game, or he pulls the plug on Ruddock a lot sooner, if he plays as poorly in game 2.

I don't know what the University of Iowa has against the state of Michigan. First we gave you Chuck Long, then Mary Sue Coleman, and now this?

Big Ten brothers shouldn't be treating each other with such passive aggressive hostility. Sorry, Blue. :(

Senor, son! Chuck Long was from Wheaton, IL. Two buckeye stickers will be removed from yer dang meat helmet.

Ruddock was fine for a lower middle of the road team like Iowa. However a team with the prestige and history of Michigan deserves much better. Looked to me like you are one good qb away from taking a huge stride on your way back. Good luck the rest of the way this year until you play the Bucks of course.

There is a reason us Hawkeye fans called him Capt Checkdown. I'm actually surprised Harbaugh has stuck with him. I thought only Ferentz was stubborn enough to do that. However, wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy doesn't go with a new QB next game, or he pulls the plug on Ruddock a lot sooner, if he plays as poorly in game 2.

Rudock was bad, but Morris is worse. We have nothing at QB and RB, until Johnson comes back.

Jake will be OK in time. She will not see the field unless we are blowing out someone or someone is beating us up. With the score 17-3 if Shane was coming in it was then. THAT tells us all we need to know about the second guy. He is not good. Strong arm means he can win at arm wrestling. TIME, WE need TIME and the next years class to start this up. "74

I will say this abut Rudock. He can be a good game manager for a team, but for whatever reason he always seems to choke and a make a big mistake when the game is on the line. I think that moment came with the pick 6 last night.

Short game is where Jake is at his best. Big completion ratios with little numbers. We once did a scatter sheet on him early, and found a majority of his passes were either at or just beyond the LOS thus opposing teams stacked the box on us a lot. Looked like the UTE's did the same to you.
If you noticed, he doesn't go through his progressions, he locks onto his receiver thus making a DBs life easy. If forced to go deep, he has to really wind-up to get it there, which effects his accuracy. Ok if he gets enough air under it where the WR can get under it, but normally he doesn't do that (as you all saw).
Best to get your running game going and YAC on the short ball (Butt).....btw, I was impressed with the O-line in pass pro. Jake had all the time he needed.
Good luck the rest of the way....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT