ADVERTISEMENT

Red does retire

Staying on as a special advisor to Manual, that could get awkward. Doesn't say if that's to assist in the search for a new coach or if it's for a longer period of time.

Wish he could have gone out on a better note, but like many, I think this had to happen. Now we see who they bring in and what impact it has on recruiting. They will need to move on this fairly quickly I would think, can't let this drag on forever.

Eh, he gets an office at 1000 South State Street, he comes in when he wants to, the Athletic Department sends him to fund-raising events, he meets with recruits on visits to campus and extols the benefits of a Michigan education and the U of M experience, etc. - it's all good.

But here's a more intriguing possibility - I think he has a year of eligibility left - do you think he could center one of our lines next season?

I don't see it being awkward. Bo stayed on, too- just as AD.

It's not as if the next coach would not have Red looking over his shoulder even if he moved back to Canada. It's a legacy that will be hard to get out from under.

Congrats to Red on a superb career. College hockey will not be the same without him behind the bench. A true icon to the sport - rivalry or not.

Reactions: Amaizingblue
Congrats to Red on a superb career. College hockey will not be the same without him behind the bench. A true icon to the sport - rivalry or not.
Agree! He will be a tough act to follow.

It will be interesting to see if the "new" AD at Minnesota backs Lucia. If not, Lucia may retire soon as well.

Really??

Doesn't see as if Don's been the head coach that long. Which would mean the entire Big 10 would have new coaches (not really including PSU, since they are new anyway).

Yes there have been rumors. To my knowledge, the new AD has not extended his contract which is down to one or two years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT