ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting...

tarun262

All-League
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2007
I loved today's game a lot! Really well played. I am also wondering the impact our play will have on recruiting. Here are my thoughts:
  • If you are a top RB in the country, Michigan should be a Top 3 school for you to consider
  • If you are a top O-lineman or D-lineman, Michigan should be a Top 3 school for you to consider
  • If you are a top TE in the nation, Michigan should be your top school!!! No questions whatsoever. Any TE that thinks they will have more attention anywhere else is foolish or naive.
  • If you are a top WR in the nation, you will question whether Michigan is really the right place for you. Michigan will be run heavy and a large chunk of the passing plays will go to the TE so curious what kind of WR talent we will end up getting.
  • QB - I still think we will be a Top 10 destination for Pro-Style QBs, purely based on JH's reputation.
Thoughts???

UM could us up to 2 other OL in addition to the 4 committed. Speedy WRs are always welcomed in a West Coast offense...ask Jerry Rice

I actually don't think our receivers are too bad. If Rudock could hook up with them on a deep ball every now and then we'd be in business. Rudock seems shaky at times, though, more than I expected. Hopefully it's just him being inserted into a new system.

I actually don't think our receivers are too bad. If Rudock could hook up with them on a deep ball every now and then we'd be in business. Rudock seems shaky at times, though, more than I expected. Hopefully it's just him being inserted into a new system.

Rudock's deep ball was supposed to be suspect and sure enough. I think WRs would find a real home in this offense with a QB that has deep ball touch. They certainly are giving that a shot.

Let's hope - we have yet to hit a home run so far this season. I would almost view the UNLV game as a scrimmage where we practice like crazy. Tons of runs, tons of deep balls, etc - we can make mistakes and we should still be able to beat UNLV.

What Michigan WR greats have we forgotten? I see no difference in the future of the position under Harbaugh ... Carter, Alexander, Howard, Edwards, Breaston, Manningham, Hemmingway, Gallon ... many missing

Game has changed - think about the number of spread receivers making it into the Pros.

Except that most kids want to go to schools where they can pad their stats. You are correct, JH's system will prep kids better for the Pros but at the end of the day stats matter for kids and kids want to go to place where they can have massive stats. I think this year will be a very run heavy or TE heavy offense unless Ruddock can somehow develop the long-ball because all his catches by TE so far have been quick throws at the line of scrimmage and YACs have helped. We don't have a non-TE vertical game this year that WRs can look at and say, wow, I can pad my stats.

Now I think we will get very good WR talent soon but I still don't believe that the cream of the crop WRs will pick Michigan, where as I think as long as JH is the coach we will always be in the running for the top TE, FB, and RB for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT