ADVERTISEMENT

Random Info on Mike MacDonald

michiganfan8676

All-League
Gold Member
Dec 12, 2007
When I saw that Mike was hired, my reaction was pretty much the same as everyone else's here, not really sure of what to think or expect given his lack of recruiting experience, and his quick rise as a coach.

Well come to find out I knew even less about him than I thought. He graduated from the same high school as me, 4 years before me . He played on the baseball team and was friends with a lot of guys I know. My best friend was a year behind Mike so I texted him and said what do you know about him. And he responded

"He was a super nice guy, really down to earth and personable. Pretty much the biggest brown noser on the team."

He asked if I was doing business with him or why I was asking. To which I responded that he was hired as Michigan's DC.

His response: "WTF. I saw an article that Michigan hired him, but I didn't realize it was that Mike MacDonald. I had no clue he was coaching at any level."

He went on to tell me that his personality is a perfect fit to be a great recruiter. He also said Mike was kind of unique in the fact that he wasn't a guy that was going to play football or baseball at the next level, but was so interested and intense that he would personally go scout teams and study tendencies and trends of up coming opponents.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.