ADVERTISEMENT

QB 2019

neillz

Sophomore
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
Chicago
Improved QB play helped produce a 10 win season v last year. However, the last 2 games and over the course of the year, Shea made some bad reads, took sacks by holding ball too long, and was solid overall but not the difference maker at QB to the extent we need. Yes, we need a new offensive coordinator. Yes, we need to better utilize our amazing WR corps. But we also need maximum productivity from our QB. I truly hope this is a meritocracy and not simply a favoritocracy. Dylan McCaffrey looks every bit the playmaker and leader an offense needs and should be given every opportunity to win the starting QB job... even with Shea coming back. My New Years wishes :

1. Get an OC who further diversifies, modernizes and utilizes the skills we have on the offensive side of the ball
2. Let there be an open QB competition with Dylan McCaffrey being given his shot to win the QB position next year. If Dylan makes us better, play him ahead of Shea!!!

Go Blue and Happy New Year!!

Improved QB play helped produce a 10 win season v last year. However, the last 2 games and over the course of the year, Shea made some bad reads, took sacks by holding ball too long, and was solid overall but not the difference maker at QB to the extent we need. Yes, we need a new offensive coordinator. Yes, we need to better utilize our amazing WR corps. But we also need maximum productivity from our QB. I truly hope this is a meritocracy and not simply a favoritocracy. Dylan McCaffrey looks every bit the playmaker and leader an offense needs and should be given every opportunity to win the starting QB job... even with Shea coming back. My New Years wishes :

1. Get an OC who further diversifies, modernizes and utilizes the skills we have on the offensive side of the ball
2. Let there be an open QB competition with Dylan McCaffrey being given his shot to win the QB position next year. If Dylan makes us better, play him ahead of Shea!!!

Go Blue and Happy New Year!!
I agree with all you said, here's my take on all of this. The team was not ready to play this game, I knew in the middle of the first qr that they didn't want to be there. Now I need to ask anybody out if we had beaten OSU, would GARY,HIGDON,BEATY, have played in this game? Bush was not going to play regardless, he wasn't cleared to play by the medical staff. This football team needs a new concept, the days of 3 yds and a cloud of dust is way past it's time. Get rid of Hamilton, I ain't seen anything about him that makes me feel he's made an impact on this team. Get some new offensive minds in here because what we do is not working. A new offensive play caller would be great. It wouldn't hurt one bit.Patterson has not shown me much either.I like this kid McCaffery a lot and I think a change is needed.He takes too long to get the play off and he should throw the ball away instead of trying to force in a tight window. We need some SPEED in the backfield, period. We have some good backs but none are speed burners. The kid from California that just signed looks like he might be the answer. I'm tired of this garbage that I have seen the last couple of years. $8 million a year for a coach that can't get his team ready to play should not be making this much $. I have been a die hard fan of UofM for 58 yrs and I'm tired of defending this team and it's getting old real quick. DO YOU THINK COACH BIELIEN CAN COACH FB. Just my thoughts, what do all of you think? GO BLUE ALWAYS

I agree with all you said, here's my take on all of this. The team was not ready to play this game, I knew in the middle of the first qr that they didn't want to be there. Now I need to ask anybody out if we had beaten OSU, would GARY,HIGDON,BEATY, have played in this game? Bush was not going to play regardless, he wasn't cleared to play by the medical staff. This football team needs a new concept, the days of 3 yds and a cloud of dust is way past it's time. Get rid of Hamilton, I ain't seen anything about him that makes me feel he's made an impact on this team. Get some new offensive minds in here because what we do is not working. A new offensive play caller would be great. It wouldn't hurt one bit.Patterson has not shown me much either.I like this kid McCaffery a lot and I think a change is needed.He takes too long to get the play off and he should throw the ball away instead of trying to force in a tight window. We need some SPEED in the backfield, period. We have some good backs but none are speed burners. The kid from California that just signed looks like he might be the answer. I'm tired of this garbage that I have seen the last couple of years. $8 million a year for a coach that can't get his team ready to play should not be making this much $. I have been a die hard fan of UofM for 58 yrs and I'm tired of defending this team and it's getting old real quick. DO YOU THINK COACH BIELIEN CAN COACH FB. Just my thoughts, what do all of you think? GO BLUE ALWAYS

But is it really the OC who's making the final call offensively? I thought for sure in this game Michigan would come out passing to set up the run. WRONG!! I'm thinking its 50/50 that the stubborness is on Harbaugh's shoulders.

Good points about Patterson. But as usual seems the fans favorite player is the backup QB. While I too liked what I've seen from Dylan Mc....hasn't done it against A1 competition for a very extended period so we don't know if HE"S the difference maker needed either. Plus I'm kinda getting the feeling Milton is the coaches guy of choice. Maybe I'm wrong.

Needless to say we NEED our depth guys to make some off-season strides on the D because that's what I'm MOST worried about. No reason for a offense like Florida to repeatedly burn us for 25-30-40 yard plays even without Bush & Gary.

No offense Mman but One thing I'm getting tired of people squawking about is the Harbaugh contract. I don't give a damn what he makes, & neither should fans. Sure, if there is a ticket surcharge or a cable surcharge being passed along to us in order to afford Harbaugh then Ok I'll listen to your argument. And if you want to go get James Franklin or Lovie Smith or Paul Chryst & save $3 mill per year than more power to you. Harbaugh was given a sweet deal to make it a no-brainer about coming aboard & not being a threat to bail out back to the pros. End of story. Now if you wanted to hire him on the cheap at $4-6 & twist in the wind on who you're bringing in after Hoke if Harbaugh said thanks but no thanks, or watch him walk when the pros offered him $7-8 mill after a couple seasons & you would be fine with that then kudos to you. I still want to see a few more years & see what he can pull off. Maybe I'm a dunce but so be it. Hell give the Sumbitch a raise for all I care....Maybe he'll try harder :D

Reactions: blue-boy
Not trolling here just trying to call it what it is. Michigan really does need to get rid of Harbaugh if they want to be great again. They will always win games with him but will fall short in most of the big ones. He is just to fkn hard headed and refuses to change his approach to the game. In saying all this and being a non fan i hope he stays there forever.

But is it really the OC who's making the final call offensively? I thought for sure in this game Michigan would come out passing to set up the run. WRONG!! I'm thinking its 50/50 that the stubborness is on Harbaugh's shoulders.

Good points about Patterson. But as usual seems the fans favorite player is the backup QB. While I too liked what I've seen from Dylan Mc....hasn't done it against A1 competition for a very extended period so we don't know if HE"S the difference maker needed either. Plus I'm kinda getting the feeling Milton is the coaches guy of choice. Maybe I'm wrong.

Needless to say we NEED our depth guys to make some off-season strides on the D because that's what I'm MOST worried about. No reason for a offense like Florida to repeatedly burn us for 25-30-40 yard plays even without Bush & Gary.

No offense Mman but One thing I'm getting tired of people squawking about is the Harbaugh contract. I don't give a damn what he makes, & neither should fans. Sure, if there is a ticket surcharge or a cable surcharge being passed along to us in order to afford Harbaugh then Ok I'll listen to your argument. And if you want to go get James Franklin or Lovie Smith or Paul Chryst & save $3 mill per year than more power to you. Harbaugh was given a sweet deal to make it a no-brainer about coming aboard & not being a threat to bail out back to the pros. End of story. Now if you wanted to hire him on the cheap at $4-6 & twist in the wind on who you're bringing in after Hoke if Harbaugh said thanks but no thanks, or watch him walk when the pros offered him $7-8 mill after a couple seasons & you would be fine with that then kudos to you. I still want to see a few more years & see what he can pull off. Maybe I'm a dunce but so be it. Hell give the Sumbitch a raise for all I care....Maybe he'll try harder :D

Thanks for the reply, and your view on back up QB is sensible, but Patterson is not getting it done. I will disagree with you on the $ we pay Harbaugh. He has not had these kids ready to play a bowl game since he came here. The only bowl game he won was with Brady's kids. WE have talent all over the field and it's the HC that needs to get them excited about playing in a bowl game. Hamilton needs to go, what has he done to make this team better. Please answer that question because he's dead weight as far as I'm concerned. My wife said to me that the team looked like they didn't care if they were there or not. UofM needs an offensive coordinator that can run anew style of offensive schemes. When you bring Mason in on 3rd and short and repeats the same play on 4th down, people begin to think what in world is happening. This is not the 70's anymore, and even BO would not of done that. And yes I was around when Bo was here, my cousin played for UofM in the early 70's so I know what kind of fb they played. I still want Harbaugh to coach for UofM, but get a newer style of plays and get rid of the 70's mantra that Harbaugh thinks will win ballgames. Now, on my take of the guys that did not play in the Peach Bowl, Gary said maybe 6 times this year that these guys are my brothers and I got there backs. Ya, where was he? Chase played and Bushy-Beatty should have played b/c the rt. tackle got burned most of the game. Bush was not cleared to play, so I give him a pass. Higdon would not even be considered a High draft pick even if he did or didn't play. Harbaugh is a stubborn guy,you are right about that. Things need to change that is a given. McCaffery got banged up in the early season so that is why we haven't seen him. Just my thoughts and thanks for your impute on this. GO BLUE ALWAYS.

Not trolling here just trying to call it what it is. Michigan really does need to get rid of Harbaugh if they want to be great again. They will always win games with him but will fall short in most of the big ones. He is just to fkn hard headed and refuses to change his approach to the game. In saying all this and being a non fan i hope he stays there forever.
agree 100% but will it happen?

I never said to get rid of Harbaugh, I said get rid of Hamilton, and find a new offense to run.

It's the "what have you done for me, lately" crowd that seems to yap about the money given to Harbaugh and staff. I'm not crazy about the money being thrown out in sports...it's obscene BUT it's the way it is today. Sure I've got issues with a number of things but the last thing I ever think about is, their contracts.

I wish DM hadn't got hurt, it would've been nice to possible see him get more snaps...you're right though, he needed to play vs better talent. Hopefully we have 1 helluva QB battle this spring/summer...

Great post Doc...Happy New Year to all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT