ADVERTISEMENT

PREDICTION: "The Don" will make an appearance in tomorrow's game.

buttaball

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Oct 2, 2001
Columbia, MD
I was thinking, there were many mentions of Donovan Edwards during last weeks game, but I may not have heard the famous "The Don" moniker uttered once...After his TD reception? Not sure.

Anyhoo, Michigan fans all know that the more the announcers refer to Donovan as "The Don" the better he is running, catching passes and making huge plays.

I'm predicting a "Don"(PSU/OSU/B1G title Game vs Purdue 2022, Washington 2023)-level performance.

Why? For two reasons:
  1. There's definitely a pattern of "The Don" showing up when things look dire (after Corum went down vs Illinois and left the game @OSU after 4 carries), or when the lights are bright vs the best competition, and the biggest matchups on the schedule- Especially when people are doubting him.
  2. Donovan Edwards has a knack for making huge, game-changing plays. Besides the usual huge performance mentions, he threw a 75 yard TD pass in the B1G Championship game in 2021. Though the game itself was terrible, he made our one big play, catching a 45-yard pass vs UGA in the Orange Bowl 2021. He had a very good game vs TCU (54-yard run accounting for most). Completed a 34-yard pass vs OSU 2023. Donovan is due for a big "the Don"-level play
  3. He still has the streak going where he gets 100 yards if he carries the ball 15+ times. He didn't get there last week (11 carries). will he run more? Or will it be a Natty game-type couple of lightning strikes on a handful of carries? I'm feeling more that Mullings will once again get the lion's share of the carries, but that "The Don" will have a huge play or two either running, receiving, or even hitting a gadget pass.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.