ADVERTISEMENT

Parking suggestion for a visiting fan

DesertCoug55

Aug 29, 2015
Hello Everyone,
I'm a BYU fan that will be traveling to Ann Arbor for the game on the 26th and I couldn't be more excited. The Big House is on my Bucket List (who doesn't have it on their list?). You guys have one of the most respected programs in the nation.

I was just wondering what the post game traffic is like after a UM game and what your suggestion would be for parking? I don't mind walking a few miles if it will get me to the Freeway faster. I will be flying out that night so I'm also open to taking the shuttle to the Airport, but I know sometimes those are not any faster.

TIA and I wish your team all the best!

P.s. Have you heard and rumblings about start time?

We park at the garage on the corner of South Forest and South University. It's around a mile walk to the Stadium. We have dinner somewhere along South University after to game to let traffic clear and then it's usually not a problem to get out of the area by taking Wastenaw Ave to I-94. Of course, I don't know where you're staying, but we've been doing this for over 25 years and traffic isn't much of an issue. I'd advise you to avoid State Street and Main St/Ann Arbor - Saline Road.

P.S. The way I'm suggesting is perfect for getting to the airport after the game. I haven't heard anything official about the start time, but I think there's a good chance of it being a 3:30 game based on the remainder of the Big Ten schedule that day.

What time is your flight Saturday evening? Can you change that? If it's a 3:30 PM start, I simply can't see a way to see the entire game and make a 9 PM or earlier flight out of DTW.

BigHouse is right, traffic is much easier if you park north of the stadium and then take Washtenaw to I-94. But still figure: 7 PM end, 20 minute walk to the car, 45 minute drive to DTW, time to drop off a rental (rental car facilities are in an awful location in relation to the terminals at Detroit), et cetera .....

What time is your flight Saturday evening? Can you change that? If it's a 3:30 PM start, I simply can't see a way to see the entire game and make a 9 PM or earlier flight out of DTW.

BigHouse is right, traffic is much easier if you park north of the stadium and then take Washtenaw to I-94. But still figure: 7 PM end, 20 minute walk to the car, 45 minute drive to DTW, time to drop off a rental (rental car facilities are in an awful location in relation to the terminals at Detroit), et cetera .....

Good advice but Washtenaw doesn't intersect 1-94. Take it to US-23 and head south to I-94 East to get to the airport.

Good advice but Washtenaw doesn't intersect 1-94. Take it to US-23 and head south to I-94 East to get to the airport.

You're right my bad. I totally forgot about the US-23 portion of the drive. It's only for a mile or two, but it's an important 1-2 miles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT