ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Owusu-Boateng breaks down Michigan visit

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
Via our Notre Dame site: https://notredame.forums.rivals.com...ame-lb-target-nathaniel-owusu-boateng.191432/

Coming off the Michigan official visit, what was that like?

“Me going up there for the second time with family now: mom, dad, uncle, auntie. It was a full-circle moment for me being up there with everybody. Me and my family loved the visit honestly. You have coach Wink, a coach who has coached at a high level, that’s coached in the NFL, that’s coached Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, and he was the DC for the Giants as well. Him coming back to college, so it's a no-brainer. Why not play for a coach like that? And you got coach BJ. I talked to him while he was at Tennessee. So when he came to Michigan, it was like, ‘Oh, now he's at a bigger level.’ Coach BJ knows his stuff too.”

How much does seeing Michigan win the title last year impact you thoughts on Michigan and what it can continue to be?

“Them coming off a national championship, you have to see if those guys are still hungry. Just to see if those guys still want it. Obviously, going and watching their Saturday morning practice and seeing those guys have a player-led practice after their actual practice, those guys are still hungry. Those guys still want it.”

What’s coming soon?

“That’s my top five.”

When do you plan to release that?

“Tomorrow.”

- Said that he won’t be basing his decision on family as his brother went to Notre Dame.

Timeline?

“If I can get it done before the season, cool. If not, then obviously we’ll push it into the fall season.”

Owusu-Boateng also said that the family connection to Notre Dame isn't a major factor. When asked about his Michigan visit, he started with this: "That’s a hot one, because I just came off that one.” He said how USC plays this season would play a factor in his decision.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News