ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Gordian Knot of OCD - 🎶 You Had a Bad Day🎵..

argus99

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2004
Newtown, PA
Well, to be as short as possible, whenever I read the news or see a post on social media that uses a sarcastically clever or funny quip, my brain immediately finds some insipid pop song that I absolutely despise and plays it on a loop over and over and over..for an indeterminate amount of time..that can last as little as 30 minutes..or as long as week. For the oldheads - fellas, remember back in the day when artists used to craft a story or theme for an album like, for example, Fleetwood Mac’s “Rumors” classic LP that is universally recognized by the public, the critics, and most importantly, by their peers, as a top 10 rock album of all time? Even people who don’t like Fleetwood Mac love that album. My OCD operates like a huge skip in the worst song on the album 3 minutes into the song that kicks the stylus arm all the way back to the beginning over and over until you went over to your turntable to move the needle to the next song. Except with OCD, there is no arm the unfortunate cost I’m willing to pay to taste the deliciously sweet schadenfreude of Russian swine in tears from this post..

My Grandfather, a man of very few words, was listening to me talk about how much I hated the Germans and Russians, not for their atrocities committed in WWII, but for the entirety of the millennia of atrocities they’ve both committed against my people. He was silent until I finished and the spoke to me saying..

“Tot (he never could pronounce my name), forgive the Germans. Any nation of people can fall under the spell of a charismatic messiah promising deliverance and vengeance to a nation in complete shambles. It could have happened in any nation, so forgive the Germans. The Russians you can never forgive. They are a brutal people and born liars. Never trust a Russian..especially the women. They are all devilish beasts.”

I was shocked. I’ve never seen him say more than one or two sentences when talking. Nor have I ever him use compound sentences with a vocabulary I did not know he possessed. He was a “Vital Data” conversationalist who spoke only what was necessary to ask or answer questions like Belichick at a mandatory post game presser. That left an indelible mark on my brain. As a result, I did forgive the Germans and I’m glad they are now a close ally. Meanwhile, I will take delicious joy in watching Putin continue on losing this War of Attrition against Ukraine. Ukrainians hate Putin and the Russians so much that the probably of this begin Russia’s Vietnam gets more likely with each day.

Hope that all of you enjoy this as much as I am.

- Argos Penoptes

Last edited:
Reactions: buttaball
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News