ADVERTISEMENT

OT. Real Sports! - BigTen Champs!!!

STPGopherfan

Heisman
Aug 10, 2001
Okay, It comes down to this in the only sport that counts. Gophers vs Wolverines in Ann Arbor for the BigTen Softball tournament... Who ya got?

((STP forgets that the Gophers have to get to the championship final first...))

My only prediction is that I will be the only one interested in responding to you. Gophs look like the class of the BIG this year and maybe beyond that with a 50-3 record. Michigan despite a pretty good W-L record clearly is not as imposing as in some recent years. (But then - you don't just replace Sierra Romero.) Will take a couple of great pitching efforts by Betsa for Michigan to win the BIG tournament.

My only prediction is that I will be the only one interested in responding to you. Gophs look like the class of the BIG this year and maybe beyond that with a 50-3 record. Michigan despite a pretty good W-L record clearly is not as imposing as in some recent years. (But then - you don't just replace Sierra Romero.) Will take a couple of great pitching efforts by Betsa for Michigan to win the BIG tournament.

I was really hoping for more of the "regulars" to chime in. Unfortunately I think you will be proven correct. Oh well. I agree with you that both teams will have to ride pitching. Romero was unreal.

Okay, It comes down to this in the only sport that counts. Gophers vs Wolverines in Ann Arbor for the BigTen Softball tournament... Who ya got?

((STP forgets that the Gophers have to get to the championship final first...))
Not sure IIRC but didn't the "Goldie Gophers" win the B1G tourney last Spring? They've had a phenomenal year and they'll be a tough out. Of course, both teams will make the NCAA's but I'm sure Michigan would like to close out the Gophers at home this year.

Not sure IIRC but didn't the "Goldie Gophers" win the B1G tourney last Spring? They've had a phenomenal year and they'll be a tough out. Of course, both teams will make the NCAA's but I'm sure Michigan would like to close out the Gophers at home this year.
Yes we "stole" the tourney(at home I think?), but Michigan was the better, deeper team last season.

Yes we "stole" the tourney(at home I think?), but Michigan was the better, deeper team last season.
Ought to be fun to watch...haven't caught to many games this year for some reason...I try to watch Michigan at everything, I was impressed w/ Minnesota last year, their record this year was fantastic. Michigan will want the "payback", will be fun. Good luck, STP!

Reactions: STPGopherfan
Ought to be fun to watch...haven't caught to many games this year for some reason...I try to watch Michigan at everything, I was impressed w/ Minnesota last year, their record this year was fantastic. Michigan will want the "payback", will be fun. Good luck, STP!
Yeah, that is what scares me.

Yeah, that is what scares me.
UMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm...Go Gophers! That sure was a helluva way to open up the B1G Softball Tourney...after 19 straight wins vs. Sparty, guess they were due, lol. This was a good Michigan squad but maybe a step or two below the last few years. Would have loved to see how we measured up to Minn. Not to be, now the gals need to suck it and get ready for the NCAA tourney. Good luck the rest of the way STPGopherfan.

Yah, that was a pretty ignominious way to go out - one of the best pitchers we ever had, senior, B1G tournament at home, and can't hold a 2-run lead in the 7th inning against a rival we've owned. Last game these seniors will play at Wilpon, I guess.

UMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm...Go Gophers! That sure was a helluva way to open up the B1G Softball Tourney...after 19 straight wins vs. Sparty, guess they were due, lol. This was a good Michigan squad but maybe a step or two below the last few years. Would have loved to see how we measured up to Minn. Not to be, now the gals need to suck it and get ready for the NCAA tourney. Good luck the rest of the way STPGopherfan.

Thanks! The beauty of the NCAA's is they (Michigan's Softball team) still could get hot and win the whole thing. My guess is if they do, all will be forgiven and forgotten.

Cheers!

Speaking of the NCAA tournament - how does Minnesota with a 54-3 record wind up NOT being one of the 16 teams hosting a regional?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT