ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Herniated disc?

Go_Blue_41

All-League
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Mods please remove if you think a good ol' herniated disc question shouldn't take up space on the board. :)

So... I've been laying in my bed for 4 days now not being able to move. I bent down to move something the other day and sure enough, my back goes out and it's been 24 hours a day of back spasms ever since. I just coughed and thought I saw Jesus! This has happened to me once before, and I was able to just rest and get through it in about 5 days but this time seems much worse. All of my pain is in my lower back. When I move just a little bit I get bad, painful back spasms about 50% of the time. I've been trying to avoid getting picked up by an ambulance and giving the neighbors a show, but I may not have a choice. I've been using cold packs and taking some Tylenol and muscle relaxers but nothing is helping. Any suggestions for over the counter stuff that I should try just to see if it helps before I take the ambulance plunge? (Heating pad instead of cold pack?) We went on a family vacation about two hours away from home and I had to stay behind because I literally can't move other than 3 times where I made the incredibly difficult trip to the toilet that is ten feet away. I already know that I'm a dumb, bullheaded Neanderthal for not going to the hospital already, but any other suggestions to at least help me get through this? Anyone go through this? Thanks!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News