ADVERTISEMENT

OSU/MSU Top 2 Teams Right Now?

scfanblue

Senior
Oct 25, 2014
Charleston, South Carolina
Looking at CFB in week 2, it looks as if these two teams are the big dogs right now. OSU is light years ahead of EVERYONE and will have to screw it up themselves to be dethroned. TCU and Alabama do not look better than MSU at this point either. As far as the PAC 12-UCLA/USC and Utah (outstanding defense) look to be the top teams. The SEC is down this year and Ole Miss may be the best team out of BOTH divisions. It is funny though how both Spurrier at South Carolina and Bieliema at Arkansas were hammering OSU for their Big 10 schedule. SC lost to Kentucky (horrible in football) and Arkansas loses to Toledo???. I love SEC football (not a fan of either Spurrier or Biliema) but facts are facts and the entire conference is really down this year. The Big 10 still looks weak though losing to out of conference opponents except for OSU/MSU. Minn looks solid but lost to TCU.

I think Bama will be fine - they looked decent against Wisconsin while OSU looked pretty vulnerable last week. Don't count out USC just yet - they have boat loads of talent and speed on that team. I really think 2 weeks is too soon to judge personally but we will know more by the end of this month for sure.

Looking at CFB in week 2, it looks as if these two teams are the big dogs right now. OSU is light years ahead of EVERYONE and will have to screw it up themselves to be dethroned. TCU and Alabama do not look better than MSU at this point either. As far as the PAC 12-UCLA/USC and Utah (outstanding defense) look to be the top teams. The SEC is down this year and Ole Miss may be the best team out of BOTH divisions. It is funny though how both Spurrier at South Carolina and Bieliema at Arkansas were hammering OSU for their Big 10 schedule. SC lost to Kentucky (horrible in football) and Arkansas loses to Toledo???. I love SEC football (not a fan of either Spurrier or Biliema) but facts are facts and the entire conference is really down this year. The Big 10 still looks weak though losing to out of conference opponents except for OSU/MSU. Minn looks solid but lost to TCU.
Ole Miss vs Alabama this week is almost like an early season play off game.

concerning the subject line, no argument from an ardent Wolverine fan. Until UM wins, MSU-OSU rule the conference.

btw, it seems that everyone forgets that UM had unbeaten OSU 3 feet away from a loss with a QB running on a broken foot. Just sayin

Not even close. Ohio may not be unbeatable. And as party was a wide open receiver away from losing.

Your worst nightmare. OSU and Michigan State ruling the college football universe. #1 and #2 respectively. This is too good.

Not a nightmare because right now, they are the best two teams even though the Buckeyes are playing like they are still celebrating last January and do not have to play hard this seasdon which will get them beat eventually. What really matters is where these teams are in January and we are a long way from that.

Ironically the toughest game besides playing each other is @Michigan. If both teams are undefeated when they meet, only one will make the playoffs...I see no scenario under which 2 BIG teams make the playoffs unless every other team in the nation has 2 losses. College Football looks really balanced and whacky right now...after watching quite a few games, here are the teams that really stand out to me right now:
  • MSU - solid, but quite a few questions on D even though Eric the poster thinks this is their best defense ever because Dantonio said it was...they got lit up!
  • OSU - they seem to have no urgency which can get them in trouble but I expect they will get it together.
  • Northwestern - they just look gritty and tough...their D is awesome and luckily they don't play either MSU or OSU so if they beat Michigan they have the easiest path to the BIG championship game.
  • Ole Miss is stacked with boat loads of talent though I don't see them going undefeated with a below average QB.
  • Utah D is for real!!!
  • Oregon's D is no where close to what it was last year, they are not nearly as potent on D as they were last year, not even close. Teams will score lots on them.
  • Luck of the freaking Irish - tons of injuries but they seem to get through...their schedule is not that tough either moving forward. USC and Stanford are both beatable. Could be big year for them again.
  • TCU & Baylor look ok - not great!
  • LSU - they'll win the SEC this year, that team is pretty stacked.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT