ADVERTISEMENT

Open Thread UNLV

Damn, I was expecting more from Rudock. The other QBs must need a lot of work for Rudock to be the clear starter. This thing is going to take some time.

This would have bee a good 1st game for UM.......It's to bad that the Utah and UNLV games weren't flip-flopped ....... Team is looking good.

Damn, I was expecting more from Rudock. The other QBs must need a lot of work for Rudock to be the clear starter. This thing is going to take some time.

Yep. Simply doesn't look like a QB who will go out and put a team on his shoulders and WIN a game. And U-M will need that to happen once/twice to reach the loftier goals (9-10 wins) for this year.

If we don't see Shane today (and I doubt we do), we know for sure the plan for '15 and beyond.

it seems like rudock is digressing. this is a nothing team and he's having trouble finding receivers even with 8 UNLV in the box. Morris must really be terrible.

Re: Smith. I think he is a level two type runner. He isn't the answer against better teams especially with an average or so OL. Glad to see Johnson. I'd like to see Isaac and Johnson going forward. I know Smith runs hard but is a classic tweener who is slow.

Re: Rudock. Worse game so far in a UM uniform. He is not very accurate today and if he plays like this then UM will have a tough time getting 8 wins. He needs to clearly play better. He needs a strong running game and he is clearly better at quarterbacking then some other recent UM qb's or even Morris but that shouldn't be the standard.

Maybe he didn't set his alarm clock because he seems to be a second slow. Bad performance.

I have seen enough of rudock
Rudock's ceiling is very low. He can win against low level competition but average or better - probably not. This would have been a good game to look at someone else. Since Rudock is a less than average one and done quarterback, it is time to look to the future. We are going to take our lumps anyway.

No...this team needs to get 8 or 9 wins this year. O'Korn looks to be the guy. I'd rather get Rudock squared away then have Morris in the game. I'll take my chances with Rudock. That last drive was better but Harbaugh needs to start cracking the whip on this guy and let him know that 1st half isn't going to cut the mustard.

there is a few teams that look sloppy today, beside mich, just maybe, they will pick it up when the teams coming up are better or not,

it seems like rudock is digressing. this is a nothing team and he's having trouble finding receivers even with 8 UNLV in the box. Morris must really be terrible.
I don't think Rudock is regressing, he just is who he is, a decent QB with some real limitations (i.e. downfield throws and accuracy when mobile).

Re: Smith. I think he is a level two type runner. He isn't the answer against better teams especially with an average or so OL. Glad to see Johnson. I'd like to see Isaac and Johnson going forward. I know Smith runs hard but is a classic tweener who is slow.
We need both types of runners in this offense, those that can beat the hell out of everyone, scratching and clawing for a few yards, and home run stallions that can blast for long jaunts. We're getting there in the running game.

The receivers are also taking nice steps forward. It's been at least ten years since we've had this many receivers consistently being involved in the passing offense (FBs to WRs to TEs). In fact we are seeing players all over this offense take big steps forward except one at this point and I think that's because, as our good Iowan friends warned us, he simply does not have much further ability upon which to improve.

What concerns me after this game is even short term accuracy. Hopefully a very bad game. I know he can't do squat over 15 yards...maybe even 12 yards :)

It is so disheartening to see the lack of a big time back at UM. Wow. Johnson and Isaac have I guess some form of potential and I would like to see what these guys have. I am happy that the carriers are being spread out because Smith would have to be super human to run like that all season. This game was promising in that respect.

Rudock...it is what it is. UM needs a running game.

What concerns me after this game is even short term accuracy. Hopefully a very bad game. I know he can't do squat over 15 yards...maybe even 12 yards :)

It is so disheartening to see the lack of a big time back at UM. Wow. Johnson and Isaac have I guess some form of potential and I would like to see what these guys have. I am happy that the carriers are being spread out because Smith would have to be super human to run like that all season. This game was promising in that respect.

Rudock...it is what it is. UM needs a running game.

It's been a very long time since Michigan had a RB that scared opponents. Very long time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT