ADVERTISEMENT

Okay, so that's what a real coach at UM looks like

detroitjohn

All-American
Dec 20, 2001
West Detroit
I had forgotten it's been so long since I've seen it on the sidelines (popping an artery when the ref gets it wrong) and on the field (discipline and intensity that grows during the game). That being said, particularly, here's what I liked:
  1. Much more discipline on blocks w the OL
  2. RBs following blocks with patience and damn, running hard
  3. Efficiency in passing, just one poor throw
  4. The defense keeping everything bottled up and great pressure
  5. The team improved overall as the game progressed, loved the halftime adjustments

Webb and company said that this was Brady's way of deflecting blame to the team away from himself and coaches.
Wouldn't doubt it. Amazing that all these great weeks of practice would lead to such poor results in games. Then again, Clappy boasted how we would "be physical" and "control the LOS" when he was hired. What year was he planning to actually implement that strategy?

I had forgotten it's been so long since I've seen it on the sidelines (popping an artery when the ref gets it wrong) and on the field (discipline and intensity that grows during the game). That being said, particularly, here's what I liked:
  1. Much more discipline on blocks w the OL
  2. RBs following blocks with patience and damn, running hard
  3. Efficiency in passing, just one poor throw
  4. The defense keeping everything bottled up and great pressure
  5. The team improved overall as the game progressed, loved the halftime adjustments
The OL was fantastic and Smith seemed to read the field better today. I do believe that Utah's DL was better than the OregonSt line....Overall game plan was pretty good as the D adjusted after that first drive to keep OrgSt in check.
I think we will need Rudock to be more of a game manager.....

I'm glad he is no longer our head coach, but let's not pile on him too much. Hoke was also a longtime assistant here and contributed to a national champion. Just wasn't cut out for the head job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT