ADVERTISEMENT

Ok another kinda cool story...

Macdaddy7657

Heisman
Gold Member
Jul 10, 2011
....my wife and I have sponsored The PROFOOTBALLCAMP for 19 years. We bring in current and former NFL players to work with and talk to kids ages 7 to 14. Every year we twist a few arms along with our agent friend to bring about 20 guys. This year we had 475 kids.

Anyway one of our young pro friends likes to tell us recruiting stories. I talked about him basically holding court in L.A. at the Michigan host hotel. He had Fred Jackson there who said our friend was the by far the best safety he ever recruited. Fred stuck around for over an hour with Ron Bellamy and Mike Hart stopping by. Our friend is originally from Louisiana so he and Bellamy knew each other a little. Unfortunately our friends grandma got sick so he decided to stay close to home.

Today I was talking to him and he was telling me more about Michigan recruiting him. He said in 2004 he's was "hunkered down" with his Coke and chips and was waiting for the Rosebowl game to start when the phone rang. It was Lloyd Carr calling him from the tunnel just before Michigan took the field...Lloyd said "listen...listen to that...you belong at Michigan...you need to play in games like this"! Our friend said he could hear the crowd and the tunnel going crazy while watching it on TV. Our friend said he doesn't regret going to OU but his fondest memories of his recruitment were of Michigan. He was all but packed to go to Michigan before grandma got sick.

He is one of our favorite pros. Just a great young man! Wish he would have been a Wolverine!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News