ADVERTISEMENT

Offense is pure garbage *

Defense and special teams have been the name of this game. Fine as long as we get the win.
Looks like we're a year out though. With what we'll have returning on defense, and giving Speight, the receivers, the rest of the offense another year to mature I think we'll be good, championship caliber.

Defense and special teams have been the name of this game. Fine as long as we get the win.
Looks like we're a year out though. With what we'll have returning on defense, and giving Speight, the receivers, the rest of the offense another year to mature I think we'll be good, championship caliber.
With Speight? No chance.

Is Harbaugh losing his offensive touch? It is unwatchable.

I do recall an OSU team in 02 that could not move the ball and an MSU team, I believe in 2013 that could not move the ball for crap until about midseason. I believe that is the team that started rolling offensively at some point and won the rose bowl. Regardless, this is terrible.

I think the biggest issue with Speight is his lack of mobility. He can't consistently produce positive plays when the play call doesn't work as expected. Of course, the OL is a big part of that but when you play better teams there will be plays that simply don't pan out & if the QB can pick up 4-10 yards on his own it helps the offense tremendously.

2 weeks str8 no INTs tho..

Absolutely is.... what the hell is Drevno doing???[/QUOTE
I think the problem is Pep Hamilton...Jed Fish loss was bigger than expected. Replacing him with ANYONE with the Cleveland browns was stupid. Now our offensive passing game looks like the Cleveland Browns... no mysteries here.

Drevno is working with what he got, a sub par passing game coordinator and a backup level QB with zero zip on his balls and limited mobility to avoid even the slightest of pass rush

I think everyone is forgetting this team has 1 returning starter on defense and 4 returning starters on offense with only 2 on the offensive line. This is the youngest team in terms of game experience in college football yet we're 3-0 with 3 double digit wins with 1 coming versus a top 25 opponent on a neutral site. We're not going to win every game by 35 points but with our D and special teams we have a shot to be in every game and versus lesser opponents have a chance to put them away in the second half. I don't think people recognize the job this coaching staff has done to this point. We can't look at this team through the lenses of last years team.

Reactions: detroitjohn
I think everyone is forgetting this team has 1 returning starter on defense and 4 returning starters on offense with only 2 on the offensive line. This is the youngest team in terms of game experience in college football yet we're 3-0 with 3 double digit wins with 1 coming versus a top 25 opponent on a neutral site. We're not going to win every game by 35 points but with our D and special teams we have a shot to be in every game and versus lesser opponents have a chance to put them away in the second half. I don't think people recognize the job this coaching staff has done to this point. We can't look at this team through the lenses of last years team.
Whatever....every year Alabama and Ohio State lose significant numbers to the NFL yet still produce potential playoff contending teams. I am looking for that and nothing less with the talent and resources available to JH. We can't score...that's not a too many new people problem, that's a coaching problem with the talent on the field.
I ask you this; how many passes have been dropped by a TE this season so far? Can't remember any huh? It's a little hard, now ask yourself why we don't throw to them in the red zone? Bigger targets and great hands. We have "athletes " at WR now. How many corner fade routes have we thrown for jump balls and allowed the better athletes to make a play?
We don't call anything Jed Fish would have called, we are playing like the Cleveland Browns.

Speight is what he is. Very mediocre.Someone else has to rise to the occasion

Reactions: GoBlueJagaloon
Whatever....every year Alabama and Ohio State lose significant numbers to the NFL yet still produce potential playoff contending teams. I am looking for that and nothing less with the talent and resources available to JH. We can't score...that's not a too many new people problem, that's a coaching problem with the talent on the field.
I ask you this; how many passes have been dropped by a TE this season so far? Can't remember any huh? It's a little hard, now ask yourself why we don't throw to them in the red zone? Bigger targets and great hands. We have "athletes " at WR now. How many corner fade routes have we thrown for jump balls and allowed the better athletes to make a play?
We don't call anything Jed Fish would have called, we are playing like the Cleveland Browns.

This just in... we don't recruit as well as OSU and we damn sure don't recruit as well as Alabama... When we do I guarantee you we'll be able to run the ball & you won't have to worry as much about the passing game..

Drevno play calling is bad, he is not that good, but him and JH are buddies. As far as QB goes, I don't think anybody is ready to go and where is K Walker? Hurt? Evans can't run if no holes are created, Isaac finds holes and has speed and power.
We will find out what this team is made out of, purdue is no cupcake game.

With Speight? No chance.

I think Speight just lost his job ...

I think Speight just lost his job ...

After what we saw yesterday let's hope so.. Like I said above, Speight's lack of mobility is killing our offense. He holds the ball like he has all day back there and when the pressure comes more times than not he's getting sacked. He just doesn't have enough pocket awareness and with our OL being average at best it's a recipe for disaster. O'Korn has good mobility and was getting the ball out of there much faster. He kept the offense on schedule and that's what's going to lead to points. We're not going to big play our way to 35 ppg.

Reactions: GoBlueJagaloon
Still wish we had a more accurate QB play. O'Korn Missed a couple potential big play throws to wide open guys, Gentry bailed O'Korn out on the big play to the goal line by reaching back behind him. Grade B for this game but can he sustain it? Sure as hell hope so. Speight has had his flashes too (2016 anyway) so 1 game doesn't convince me. Hate to say it but to me it's still an open competition.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT