ADVERTISEMENT

NTDP Scouting Report (link)

Bob Miller

All-American
Jun 25, 2001
Chris Dilks has a detailed report at the link including Michigan commitments at his fine SBNation College Hockey site. Well done, and it dovetails with what I've seen this season.

This post was edited on 10/15 1:24 PM by Bob Miller

Dilks at SBN College Hockey

Max Jones?

Any chance the legacy plays for Michigan or is he destined for OHL like his brother and friend Sean Day?

Re: Max Jones?

Conventional wisdom says that the London Knights likely didn't spend a first round pick on the guy without being pretty sure where he'd opt to play.
But, Dumb and Dumber 2 is on the way, "So I'm saying, there's a chance!"

Thanks Bob. Pasujov is another Rochester kid. His brother also

is a commit as you know.

Both good kids also. My son went to school with them at Rochester Adams and played a little with them as well.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Re: Thanks Bob. Pasujov is another Rochester kid. His brother also

The younger Pastujov, Mike, is playing major midget for Honeybaked, I understand. Have to verify what's up with him since he's not listed as having played any games for them yet. Have a contact at Honeybaked. Mike is actually one of the higher skilled players in his birth year.

Likewise, Christian Meike, a defenseman out of Arlington VA who is committed to Michigan, is on Sioux City's USHL roster, but has not played a game yet. So, no stats to report.

Pastujov and Meike

Both hurt

Pastujuov may be considered the #1 pick in the OHL draft and a certain NTDP candidate.

Meike, however, was hurt last year and this year. He has struggled to find a full-time role in Sioux City (maybe due to injuries). Cecconi is regarded as a much better NHL prospect due to size. Wonder if he matriculates next year

Re: Pastujov and Meike

The younger Pastujov, Michael, is considered an elite talent. There is a very long process from now till he would step onto the ice for Michigan, including NTDP camps and the OHL draft in 2015. Will be interesting.

Cecconi's selection and solid play at the All-American Prospects Game suggests an optimistic future. I have an interview with him that I'll put here on TYP sometime in the next few days.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to try and get up to Ann Arbor in mid-December to watch the 4 Nations Tournament. It will be my first chance to possibly see Russia in International competition so my daughter and I are pretty excited. She did tell me she'd "settle" for Slovakia or Switzerland as well. :)

I'm addicted to watching international hockey, any age group. Remember going to catch the Sedins when they were teenagers and Russia was also playing. Pavel Datsyuk sat down next to me, obviously hoping no one would recognize him.

I also went to the Ann Arbor Ice Cube just to watch Daniel and Henrik Sedin play circa 1999-2000.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT