ADVERTISEMENT

News on potential QB target Logan Byrd

RivalsWoody

Jul 11, 2012
Not sure if you guys saw today but four-star Warner Robins (Ga.) Veterans quarterback Logan Byrd decommitted from Virginia Tech and is opening back up his recruitment. Several schools have picked up their pursuit of Byrd over the past few months, including Michigan. According to his father, Byrd will be on campus in Ann Arbor this weekend and if all goes according to plan, Michigan will extend an offer.

The new coaches at Michigan have been in touch with Byrd over the last month and he has had multiple conversations with Jim Harbaugh.

As far as Byrd as a prospect, he's a big-bodied dual-threat guy who can make plays with his arms but also punish people when he runs. There are obvious comparisons to Tim Tebow and I would say they have a similar style of play but obviously Tebow was a ridiculous athlete in high school and I wouldn't go too far down that road with Byrd. However, I do think he can do a lot of the things Tebow was able to do at the college level in terms of his role in an offense.

I'm expected to speak with Byrd soon and will pass along any details as they become available.

Here's a link to his profile.

This post was edited on 3/9 5:16 PM by RivalsWoody

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News