ADVERTISEMENT

Newest Michigan hockey commit

Bob Miller

All-American
Jun 25, 2001
Jacob Truscott, a 6-0 left defenseman, committed to Michigan yesterday joining Little Caesar's U16's Parick Guzzo and Antonio Stranges in Michigan's incoming class of 2020.

A defenseman who contributes on both ends of the ice, Truscott is considered one of the top birth year 2002 defensemen available.

Last edited:
Reactions: clevelandcane
Bob, what do make of lack of 2001 commits?

Big incoming class next year with Quinn Hughes (my favorite incoming recruit), Josh Norris, Gustaf Westlund, Mike Pastujov, Dakota Raabe (and Kenny Johnson and Lukas Samuelsson?). Should finally have some forwards with some speed who can also possess the puck a bit. Hughes will be our best offensive defenseman.

Big class the following year with Mattias Samuelsson, Blade Jenkins, Jacob Semik, Calen Kiefiuk, Jack Randl and Alec Regula

Mike Vukojevic the only 2001 (but a great one)

Antonio Stranges, Jacob Truscott and Pat Guzzo (late 2001 the following year)

Is Michigan hopeful for Jack Hughes (Quinn's brother) as a 2001? Any others? Arthur Kaliyev? Trevor Kuntar? Seems like Josh Nodler (Honeybaked/MSU) and Alex Turcotte (Mission/WI) are types they may have gotten in other years

Bob, what do make of lack of 2001 commits?

Big incoming class next year with Quinn Hughes (my favorite incoming recruit), Josh Norris, Gustaf Westlund, Mike Pastujov, Dakota Raabe (and Kenny Johnson and Lukas Samuelsson?). Should finally have some forwards with some speed who can also possess the puck a bit. Hughes will be our best offensive defenseman.

Big class the following year with Mattias Samuelsson, Blade Jenkins, Jacob Semik, Calen Kiefiuk, Jack Randl and Alec Regula

Mike Vukojevic the only 2001 (but a great one)

Antonio Stranges, Jacob Truscott and Pat Guzzo (late 2001 the following year)

Is Michigan hopeful for Jack Hughes (Quinn's brother) as a 2001? Any others? Arthur Kaliyev? Trevor Kuntar? Seems like Josh Nodler (Honeybaked/MSU) and Alex Turcotte (Mission/WI) are types they may have gotten in other years

Agree with your analysis above. Feel the same on Quinn Hughes. And, I don't have a good answer on 2001. Sure feels like they've whiffed on some serious talent for that '19 class. Granato has cleaned up and that hasn't helped. Maybe finally some effect from the pending coaching change. I honestly don't know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT