ADVERTISEMENT

My Thoughts

GoBlueRW

All-American
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021
Last night I was fairly inebriated and was more annoyed than I typically would be. After thinking back on the game this morning, a few things stood out.

1. Warren wasn’t great, but he could have been taking a conservative approach. He’s gotta sort out the deep ball to keep Ds from crowding the box. At this point, and it could change, he’s not winning us a game. He just has to be a good game manager.

2. The OL still has potential. They struggled at times but to be expected game 1. Key will be to develop, and I trust Moore in that dept.

3. Mullings looked great. But I’m not as down on DE as others. He needs to get in a groove and he kept coming in and out.

4. Play calling was odd offensively. I almost feel like they were “working on stuff” as opposed to a typical game plan. Like trying to see what Warren can handle. The TD to go up 23-10 was more like what we have done recently. That felt “normal”, as opposed to the entire first half.

5. There is a chance Fresno is actually a good team. Some of it was us, but they also played well. And they have had success as a program in the past, like a poor man’s Boise State. I’ll be curious to follow them.

6. Next week will be telling. I do think the defense is elite, but we need to be a grind it out run team offensively. Take time off the clock and let the D do their thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.