ADVERTISEMENT

Most preferred defensive staff...

nickespitia

Michigan Man
Oct 24, 2005
Now that MacDonald has officially been named the DC there is a bit more clarity but some things still need to be settled. It seems like Nua will be returning. I don't know how he managed to be the position coach that survived the transition but won't rehash that too much. I hope he is able to flip Benny and land Rooks and that we see a great deal of improvement from his position group on the field next year. Outside of MacDonald and Nua we still have a lot of question marks on the defensive staff. I've listed some potential staffs below. Of these potential staffs which would be your preferred option? Is there another realistic potential staff you'd like to see? What do you all think?
  • Staff 1
    • DC/ILB - MacDonald
    • DL - Nua
    • OLB - Robinson
    • CB - Minter
    • S - Steve Clinkscale - has been mentioned in the past and is a great recruiter.
  • Staff 2
    • DC/S- MacDonald
    • DL - Nua
    • OLB - Robinson
    • ILB - BJM
    • CB - Minter
  • Staff 3
    • DC/ILB - MacDonald
    • DL - Nua
    • OLB - BJM
    • CB - Minter
    • S - Clinkscale
At this point, I think staff 3 would be my preferred option. I think BJM has been a good recruiter and think he'd help with continuity. I think Clinkscale would be a huge addition and help Michigan land Johnson. You obviously don't hire a coach to land one kid but Clink would be an excellent recruiter and has coached some pretty good secondaries. Really I hope that they just get things settled soon. This process has already cost us Jennings and Thompson, is likely going to push Jackson to USC, and made it less likely we land Johnson. There's obviously still time to flip the 22 kids but the sooner our staff is settled the better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.