ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota game thread Fri Jan 9

Bob Miller

All-American
Jun 25, 2001
Ninth-ranked Minnesota will be looking to stop their slide in the rankings this weekend in their pair against Michigan.

Interesting matchup between US WJC line mates Dylan Larkin and Hudson Fasching.

Non-standard start times this weekend. 6:30pm on Friday and 4pm on Saturday.

Line chart

Motte Copp Calderone
Selman Larkin Hyman
Shuart Compher Nieves
Dancs Lynch Sinelli
Downing Serville
Werenski Lohan
Martin Chiasson
Racine
Nagelvoort

Minnesota 1-0

Reilly on a easy tap-in off a rebound., about eight minutes in.

2-2

After a five minute major and game misconduct to Andrew Copp, Kloos scores on the power play.

Michigan wins, 4-3 in OT

Cutler Martin with the winner, partially screened from the high left slot.

No kidding

Way to battle boys - we played these guys toe to- toe and prevailed.

Great game today. That was a whole lot of fun to watch on TV. I'll be there tomorrow live and in person to see Red's 800th!!!

So here I was grumbling about Kile being replaced by Selman

on the Larkin-Hyman line and whaddya know - Selman delivers in the clutch!

Sometimes these coaches actually manage to demonstrate that they know more than me :)

Great game to attend. Atmosphere was fantastic. Icers showed resolve after the poor call on Copp. Go Blue!

This post was edited on 1/10 8:54 AM by tony89

Fun, entertaining hockey when Minnesota comes to town.

I was very impressed that the shot blocking from the GLI carried over so well to last night- as our guys did an amazing job getting in front of all of the shots. Which helped Racine a lot, since he still got a lot of shot onto him.

For the most part, the defensive play has gotten a lot better- the goals that we let in were some about puck bounces. The first one for sure- with the rebound gently going to the open Gopher to an open net. The one "clean" goal was the last one they got- which was a great PP cross ice one timer.

Much of the night, we were inches away from really carrying the game- just missed pass, puck not being able to be controlled by our guys. Thankfully, we grabbed the opportunities and scored.

This team is really starting to gel. When you have the talented guys making mistakes, which not only gets stopped- but turned back around to score for us- that is a great sign. Werenski had a bad night with the puck- when he gets out of this funk- wow.

I'll end as I started- fun!

Looked like a legit call on Copp to me, unfortunately

You can see it again on the highlights on mgoblue.com

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT