ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Related: Post Your Rank of Favorite Sports with Your Favorite Teams Ranked in Each Sport Category…

argus99

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2004
Newtown, PA
I was talking to Pops last night about how quickly May has rebuilt the Wolverines team into what appears to be a very good team that will be competing immediately for the B1G 18 championship this year. I certainly expected a team that would have at least a .500 record with a ceiling of 17 to 20 wins at best. Basketball is a sport I don’t pay attention to until, in the case of Michigan Basketball, conference play begins. For the NBA, I don’t pay any attention until after the All-Star Game. Actually, I’m a bigger fan of USA Basketball in International Basketball Tournaments and in Olympic games over both. I watch tons of live sports of all kinds, and the conversation got me thinking about how I would rank them and the teams in the games that are my favorites ranked as well. Without further adieu, my rankings are as follows:

1). Football - Michigan, Detroit Lions, Philadelphia Eagles, UFL Michigan Panthers
2). Hockey - Detroit Red Wings, Michigan, All USA Hockey teams, Philadelphia Flyers
3). Baseball - Detroit Tigers and Philadelphia Phillies as 1a and 1b, Michigan, USA Baseball
4). Futbol - USMNT, MLS Philadelphia Union, English Premiere League club Liverpool, Polish National Team
5) Basketball - Detroit Pistons, Michigan, Philadelphia 76ers, USA Basketball, WNBA (No favorite)
6). Boxing - Pro boxing, USA team boxing
7). MMA - as a disciple of Kenpō, I can’t help but think my 24 yr old self would drop a good amount of those guys before Dana White banned me. Kenpō is not a competition friendly martial art, it’s a killing one. It is respectfully called “The Art of Killing” in Japan. At 24, in my prime, maintaining my football OL weight and muscle mass at 6-2, 250ish lbs and very proficient in Kenpō, knowing the human body’s 32 spots to strike that can result in instant death, proficient in disabling by serious injury to an adversary with a single strike or kick…yeah, I could take on many professional MMA fighters and win in 2 minutes or less. I have no interest in fighting 5 minute rounds. I used to be on a kick boxing team, and even fighting in 2 minute rounds is exhaustingly tough to do. That’s why I chose Kenpō, the martial art’s motto is “Be decisive, Be quick, Be first”. Usually my fights lasted less than a minute unless I was fighting against multiple opponents.
8). Motorsports - Drag racing, road course racing, rally racing, endurance racing, NASCAR road course racing
9). Winter Olympics
10). Lacrosse - Michigan, USA Lacrosse
11). Australian Rules Football - (No Favorite)
12). Rugby - USA Rugby
13). Tennis - I liked playing more than watching it live in attendance or on tv
14). Volleyball - Michigan, USA national teams, Women’s beach volleyball for the obvious reason.
15). Golf - since I lost the ability to play a round a 3-4 times a month, combined with the defection of top players to LIV Golf for ludicrous money, my interest has waned considerably.

There you have it. Now let’s see your top 5, 10, or top 15 ranked favorite sports and teams! Go!

- Argos Penoptes

Reactions: buttaball
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News