ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan football thoughts for June

dennisfithian_

Director of Multimedia
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
I’ve enjoyed this off-season more than any other in my lifetime. ‘23 Michigan football joins ‘97 football and ‘89 basketball as my top three seasons in UM history.

Michigan is in decent to very good position in recruiting especially if they green light paying preps. This subject is rightfully debated daily and we will know more on this soon. I’d give them four or five weeks from today before I start getting worried or panicking. Two years ago there was a narrative that Michigan couldn’t compete in the portal. They’ve added 19 transfers since. They NIL’d those who stayed last year and were able to retain the bulk of the key players on the roster this year — save DJ Waller. With immediate money and playing time available elsewhere it’s almost impossible to develop younger guys like Cam Calhoun, Amir Herring, Karmelo English and Semaj Bridgeman. Jeremiah Beasley was an odd case.

Expecting the defense to look and perform at the level of last years. I like the star level talent on offense with Colston Loveland and Donovan Edwards. Tyler Morris and Semaj Morgan are emerging stars. Marlin Klein is a good breakout candidate at tight end. Alex Orji is a real wild card. There’s a better than not chance that he can play well and lead Michigan to victory over Texas in week two. If that happens UM can beat anybody in the country.

My two question marks are QB and offensive line. Maybe depth inside on the defensive line. Last summer kicker, punter, tight end depth and wide receiver (somewhat) were all question marks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News