ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan Football / Recruiting Update

ABTHEWR4

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2022
Spent the day with a VERY reliable source yesterday, different than my previous stated source for the Avery Gach Info. This guy has DEEP connections in the Detroit area.

@Josh Henschke, I am available for hire btw. ;)

Let’s begin.

Donovan Edwards: Michigan wants him back BADLY. This source says the early usage represents them trying to limit him and cap his stat line. I asked if fear of injury or anything could be the case, he said no. While it’s a huge hypothetical, if he keeps these types of performances he will be back next year. If he does what he did last year towards the end of the year, he’s as good as gone, regardless of natty or not. Donovan doesn’t care about NIL, he’s turned down numerous commercial opportunities, etc. Given one example, he said, “my teammates already did that, don’t care.” He thinks he’s the best in the nation and wants to get to the league ASAP… which doesn’t bode well for a possible return next year. The other week, he was rather upset w Hart and his usage, considering he was HC. An interesting thing to keep an eye on during the year. My guy said, “it’s not really an ego thing, or him being a bad teammate, he truly believes he’s the best.”

Bryce Underwood: Michigan, LSU, Colorado is his top 3. The source doesn’t seem confident AT ALL that he ends up at Michigan. He said the last trip the family took to Michigan, they sat in Harbaughs office and Coach Campbell did all the talking. Harbaugh sat in his chair and barely said a word. The family described Harbaugh and the experience as, “weird,” which isn’t all that surprising. He didn’t have much to say to my counter of, well he’s sporting the block M, visiting often, etc.. so that’s worth noting. He said Harbaugh and co want him very badly, but he expects a school to offer a number that Michigan can’t compete with. That’s just his prediction, but a credible one. Also mentioned he may be leaving the state to play at IMG next year.

More than welcome to disagree with anything here, I’m simply the messenger.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News