ADVERTISEMENT

Mattison to OSU as DC,,,

DrCorona

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2003
Curious move for both parties. Good luck personally to Mattison. Bad luck with your teams' results!

Curious move for both parties. Good luck personally to Mattison. Bad luck with your teams' results!
This was shock to me, he always said this was his last coaching job, because his daughter is or went to UoM. Plus he has more family here that is close. Well anyway somebody must be paying a whole lot more to get him to leave.

Definitely a shocker given how mediocre he was as a D-coordinator. And he’s 70-years old. Grandpa is a downgrade for O$U...as is most of their coaching staff compared to years past. HUGE downgrade

Definitely a shocker given how mediocre he was as a D-coordinator. And he’s 70-years old. Grandpa is a downgrade for O$U...as is most of their coaching staff compared to years past. HUGE downgrade

Yeah......no

Mattison is at least as good as Schiano was, for a CFB DC position. And in reality, he's not the pure DC.

The real question will be "Is Grinch a Loss"?
He showed promise, but not on any long-term basis. Hard to really say there.

Quite possible the staff "stayed neutral", meaning that they're still much, much better than anyone Michigan has.

It appears that MSU, PSU, and Wisky will continue the Buckeye's only competition for the Big10

Yeah......no

Mattison is at least as good as Schiano was, for a CFB DC position. And in reality, he's not the pure DC.

Quite possible the staff "stayed neutral", meaning that they're still much, much better than anyone Michigan has.

It appears that MSU, PSU, and Wisky will continue the Buckeye's only competition for the Big10

Lol at one-trick pony O$U. A 70-year old grandpa as D-coordinator....LMAO! The O$U coaching staff is completely inferior now LMAO!!!

Yeah......no

Wiscy,maybe PSU and MSU I doubt it. Uof M will be a threat, I promise you that.

Lol at one-trick pony O$U. A 70-year old grandpa as D-coordinator....LMAO! The O$U coaching staff is completely inferior now LMAO!!!

Ohio State’s staff is MUCH better than Michigan’s, from HC to GA’s.

I may hate OSU, it it’s clear that they continue their absolute domination of the wolvies.

Wiscy,maybe PSU and MSU I doubt it. Uof M will be a threat, I promise you that.

MSU has been a much bigger threat to OSU under Dantonio than the wolvies have been under Harbaugh.

Hard to see any reason that would change.

I may hate OSU, it it’s clear that they continue their absolute domination of the wolvies.

LMAO at the one-trick pony O$U!!! Their staff WAS better. Now it is a hodgepodge of nobodies, journeymen and end-of-career grandpas. LMAO!!!!

MSU has been a much bigger threat to OSU under Dantonio than the wolvies have been under Harbaugh.

Hard to see any reason that would change.
LMAO at one-trick pony O$U!! And little brother has a .500 overall record over the past 4 years. LMAO!!!!

Day is unproven as a HC, he coached what 4 games. Harbaugh is a better coach than Day. I will give Day credit for getting 2 coaches from his biggest threat. GO BLUE AIWAYS!

LMAO at the one-trick pony O$U!!! Their staff WAS better. Now it is a hodgepodge of nobodies, journeymen and end-of-career grandpas. LMAO!!!!

Serious question....what’s OSU’s “1 trick”?
Winning football games?
Dominating Michigan??

OSU’s staff is currently FAR superior to Michigan’s, from top to bottom. Better at basically every single position.

I hate OSU, but I expect their total dominance over Michigan to continue for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: gjael and ZVZ
LMAO at one-trick pony O$U!! And little brother has a .500 overall record over the past 4 years. LMAO!!!!

And yet.... MSU is still a bigger threat to Ohio St. than the wolvies are, and is .500 against the supposedly above average Harbaugh.

Sad.

Day is unproven as a HC, he coached what 4 games. Harbaugh is a better coach than Day. I will give Day credit for getting 2 coaches from his biggest threat. GO BLUE AIWAYS!

Harbaugh is a proven mediocre HC at the CFB level. He’s proven he’s unable to EVER win his own conference or even his own division.

Ryan Day is already a better HC.

Condolences.

Serious question....what’s OSU’s “1 trick”?
Winning football games?
Dominating Michigan??

OSU’s staff is currently FAR superior to Michigan’s, from top to bottom. Better at basically every single position.

I hate OSU, but I expect their total dominance over Michigan to continue for the foreseeable future.
LMAO again at one-trick pony O$U! Top to bottom, O$U's coaching staff is nothing more than mediocre...at best! LMAO at one-trick pony O$U!!!!

And yet.... MSU is still a bigger threat to Ohio St. than the wolvies are, and is .500 against the supposedly above average Harbaugh.

Sad.
MSU remains, and always will be, the little brother in this. LMAO at the one-trick pony O$U!!! I guess it could be worse...like being a Ped State fan (42-7...LMAO) or a Domer fan (nothing for 30+ years...LMAO)!!!! In fact, I guess the only thing really worse is being stuck with someone like a Brian Kelly! He is the true definition of mediocrity, but just the right coach for the mediocre domers. Return to glory....going on for 30+ years and counting. LMAO!!!!

Harbaugh is a proven mediocre HC at the CFB level. He’s proven he’s unable to EVER win his own conference or even his own division.

Ryan Day is already a better HC.

Condolences.
Yea, what has Day won, where did he win, please tell me. Harbaugh is a better coach from the pros to Stanford. Day will be mill of the road in 3yrs.

Yea, what has Day won, where did he win, please tell me. Harbaugh is a better coach from the pros to Stanford. Day will be mill of the road in 3yrs.
That was Day's offense on November 24th. Urban turned the offense over to him on his return from suspension. Say what you want, he knows how to run a hi potent offense.

Reactions: gjael
That was Day's offense on November 24th. Urban turned the offense over to him on his return from suspension. Say what you want, he knows how to run a hi potent offense.
The question was, what has he won, and where has he won. His offense didn't look so good at Perdue. BTW give me his stats as a HC. He won 4 games pre B10 play

LMAO again at one-trick pony O$U! Top to bottom, O$U's coaching staff is nothing more than mediocre...at best! LMAO at one-trick pony O$U!!!!

Again....why can’t Michigan match OSU’s 1 trick...winning football games??

It’s bc OSU has better players at virtually every position and better coaches, top to bottom.

Urban was checked out this year.

Day already won the Big10.
He’s already won more than Harbaugh has during his entire CFB career.

Day is a better CFB Coach than Harbaugh....just like virtually every OSU Coach is better than their counterpart at Michigan.

That’s just one of many reasons for their hysterical level of dominance.

MSU remains, and always will be, the little brother in this. LMAO at the one-trick pony O$U!!! I guess it could be worse...like being a Ped State fan (42-7...LMAO) or a Domer fan (nothing for 30+ years...LMAO)!!!! In fact, I guess the only thing really worse is being stuck with someone like a Brian Kelly! He is the true definition of mediocrity, but just the right coach for the mediocre domers. Return to glory....going on for 30+ years and counting. LMAO!!!!

I find this posting amusing.....considering that MSU is now Big Bro.

And the wolvies haven’t won a natty since WWII.

Urban was checked out this year.

Day already won the Big10.
He’s already won more than Harbaugh has during his entire CFB career.

Day is a better CFB Coach than Harbaugh....just like virtually every OSU Coach is better than their counterpart at Michigan.

That’s just one of many reasons for their hysterical level of dominance.
Again I ask you, what is Days record as a hc? Harbaugh has won at every stop he has coached, now tell me what Days record as a hc is. Osu does not have a better coaching staff than UofM. Do you think Maddison is a better coach than Brown is?

Again....why can’t Michigan match OSU’s 1 trick...winning football games??

It’s bc OSU has better players at virtually every position and better coaches, top to bottom.

LMAO at one-trick pony O$U!! Their mediocre staff is certainly better than the hot garbage assembled at Notre Shame, but that is about it! LMAO!!!

I find this posting amusing.....considering that MSU is now Big Bro.

And the wolvies haven’t won a natty since WWII.
LMAO at Notre Shame! Return to glory....going on for 30+ years! At least little bro will always be little bro. Notre Shame will always be...overhyped! LMAO!!!

How can you state such a asinine comment. The bucknuts HC has never been a HC so how can you say right now that he is a better HC than JH? You sir are a nut. Go Blue

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT