ADVERTISEMENT

Man, I hate to say it, but...

You are not wrong. It is very possible. Very disappointing that the possibility even exists.

I don't think they'll score nearly as easily as they have been. Our offense is struggling because our OL is struggling to run or pass block consistently. I also think Speight's lack of mobility (& as often the case is lack of accuracy) is hurting us at times... Throw in a few young new WRs and this is where we are..

Purdue isn't going to kick our ass. Our defense will shut them down.

We shall see. Right now against a tougher three game stretch than UM, Purdue is 11-11 in the red zone with a bunch of 2 and 3 star players and a brand new coaching staff. UM against a much weaker schedule is 2-11 with a bunch of 4 star players and a relatively stable coaching staff.

This is not a good recipe for winning on the road against anyone. Something not right and I blame the coaches more than any other talking point. They have had 8 months to figure this out and the offense looks pathetic.

Maybe the defense will carry us for another week, maybe not but at some point you probably have to score in the red zone.

Keep in mind purdue hasn't played a good defense yet:
YPG (Louisville - 72, Ohio - 50, Missouri - 90)
PPG (Louisville - 98, Ohio - 56, Missouri - 114)
* (after week #2)

I don't see them living in the red zone vs us and I don't think they'll be 100% when they get there..

We moved the ball but we didn't finish drives. We need a little better OL play and honestly a little more imagination on offense but I think we're holding a few things back for B1G play.

Purdue fan here, and I expect a very low scoring game. As much as our offense is getting credit for our wins, our defense is more responsible, IMO. Had the offense not spotted UofL a pick six and multiple turnovers, that would have been a W. Also, it seems everyone scores on Mizzou but I was impressed that our defense held them to only 3 points.

I'd be really surprised if our offense is able to score a lot next weekend, and frankly think the game comes down to which defense plays better. It might even come down to which defense scores more, which is wild.

Last edited:
We shall see. Right now against a tougher three game stretch than UM, Purdue is 11-11 in the red zone with a bunch of 2 and 3 star players and a brand new coaching staff. UM against a much weaker schedule is 2-11 with a bunch of 4 star players and a relatively stable coaching staff.

This is not a good recipe for winning on the road against anyone. Something not right and I blame the coaches more than any other talking point. They have had 8 months to figure this out and the offense looks pathetic.

Maybe the defense will carry us for another week, maybe not but at some point you probably have to score in the red zone.

Purdue has played a pretty average Louisville team, a MAC team and the single worst team in the SEC. Either Florida or Air Force could beat every one of those teams. To say that Michigan has played "a much weaker schedule" just puts your ignorance on full display.

Purdue has played a pretty average Louisville team, a MAC team and the single worst team in the SEC. Either Florida or Air Force could beat every one of those teams. To say that Michigan has played "a much weaker schedule" just puts your ignorance on full display.
Louisville is a good team. Just not a great team. They did not play well vs. Boilers but nonetheless Purdue hung in.
Mizzou.....trainwreck so far. MAC team, yes they buried them like they haven't done in years.
Air Force would not beat all of those teams hands down.
Purdue definitely on the uptick.

Thanks for setting me straight..LOL.

Playing any SEC team on the road is tougher than our Air Force and Cincinnati games, both crap teams relative to how they should have fared vs. a supposedly top 4 Big Ten team.

Louisville is far better than all three teams we played. Louisville would have smacked Florida and would have put 50+ at home on both Cincy and Air Force. Florida absolutely stinks, and again, any team worth a damn would not have looked like crap at home vs. extremely overmatched teams in Cincy and Air Force. If you think UM would have gone to Mizzou and won 35-3 you are crazy. Maybe we would have won 15-3 but not 35-3.

Maybe we win, maybe not.

Thanks for setting me straight..LOL.

Playing any SEC team on the road is tougher than our Air Force and Cincinnati games, both crap teams relative to how they should have fared vs. a supposedly top 4 Big Ten team.

Louisville is far better than all three teams we played. Louisville would have smacked Florida and would have put 50+ at home on both Cincy and Air Force. Florida absolutely stinks, and again, any team worth a damn would not have looked like crap at home vs. extremely overmatched teams in Cincy and Air Force. If you think UM would have gone to Mizzou and won 35-3 you are crazy. Maybe we would have won 15-3 but not 35-3.

Maybe we win, maybe not.
Lol

Reactions: onpurpose12000
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT