ADVERTISEMENT

M Hockey Saturday Night

speedboys

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Dec 18, 2001
We lost 4-0 to St Cloud.

They scored the first goal during a 5 minute power play.

Their second goal was sort of a won face off where their player got thee puck near the boards and the top of the right circle and skated unencumbered at the net and beat Korpi (freshman Goalie) on a shot he needs to save.

Their third goal was an empty netter, much like our third gal last night. 4th goal was a Powerplay goal in the final minute.

Thoughts....

- Season is still young but it seems M may be a bit better defensively than we have in the past.
- we have a tough OCC schedule in Minny State, St Cloud, BU, and WMU along with the B1G. A surefire challenge for a young team.
- Said it vs Minny State and it seems like the question is still there. Who scores goals for this team. Right now it may be Schifsky & Hage. I don't see scoring up and down the lineup as we have in the past. Still early though.
- M had opportunites around SC's net, but their goalie was good. I think losing McGroarty may have ore of an impact than some thought.
- M has plenty of speed and I suspect some of the underclassman will start finding the net as they grow. Remember last year we were on this win one lose one early in the season.
- our Penalty kill seems good so far... Our power play, not as much, but I never thought we could repeat the success rate of last year.
- Would be nice to win some of the OOC games because they could help come tourney time with the pairwise record and with the B1Gexpected to be tough again this season.
- while we didn't score in this game, SC threw a defensive wall from center ice in starting around the 10 minute mark of the third period. M did managed to break it, but it was clear SC was working on something defensively, which it game M an opportunity to breaking such defense which they are more than likely to see again in B1G play. It's where we could benefit from a few snipers. Hopefully the younger guys don't start to press.

Next game is against the development team on Oct 25th... BC beat then 8-4 on Saturday.... not really sure what that means other than BC is good again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.