ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Linguist Reaches Out To Will Johnson

EJ Holland

Recruiting Monkey
Apr 25, 2019
Chicago
A couple of notes...

*** New Michigan co-DC Maurice Linguist reached out to five-star CB Will Johnson. It was more of an introduction conversation, but I expect him and new DC Mike Macdonald to be back on the phone with him at some point before the weekend ends. While Will wants to know more about Macdonald, his focus will mainly be on getting to know Linguist and his coaching style/philosophies. Will told me Michigan's corner hire would play a huge role in his recruitment.

*** I exchanged messages with Will, and he told me he likes Linguist so far. Obviously, it's very early in the relationship process, but I do think he made a good first impression. I'll be more interested to hear from both Will and his father, Deon, after a couple of weeks.

*** Look, all these new offers have nothing to do with Will. Linguist evaluated these guys at A&M and is doing his job — casting a wide net in an area he's familiar with and with kids he's familiar with. Linguist is unlike any other coach on this staff. He's single-handedly won huge recruitments in the south. Brian Jean-Mary was a really good hire. Linguist is a tremendous hire. Will is going to be a top priority no matter what, and he's going to give Linguist time to win him over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.