ADVERTISEMENT

Let's have some fun. Why should I have that much empathy for a

Reality Man

Heisman
Feb 9, 2002
recruit who signs a LOI and then a position coach leaves immediately following that signature.

1. Could that same coach leave a year later?

2. Most importantly would a recruit be able to change his commit the same day or an hour before the LOI signature?

Sure sounds like both parties are engaging in....all's fair in love and recruiting. I am having a hard time feeling sorry for any of these recruits who are able to play for great universities.

Reality Man

See the case of the linebacker from Georgia who committed to UCLA on NSD, only to learn that his position coach was in talks to join the Atlanta Falcon's staff. Understandably, he's taken a step back to evaluate his options, and he's yet to sign a LOI to any school.

Should Meyer have told Weber that Drayton was likely to go? Of course. Drayton's pursuit by the Bear's was hardly a secret in Chicago and within NFL coaching circles, and it's likely Harbaughh knew about it (and mentioned it to Weber), too. In the end, Weber really wanted to go to OSU more than he wanted to go to Michigan, which is the overwhelming reason he stuck with his commitment and signed his letter. As an aside, I doubt he has much of an impact there, at least not for a few years, if ever.

The only "Reality" here is Caveat Emptor.

All HS coaches need to stress to their departing minions that you buy the school first and the coach second.

The school always stays put.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT