ADVERTISEMENT

Late Night Den-izens: Can’t Post Now With All the Football Posts…

argus99

Michigan Man
Gold Member
Dec 24, 2004
Newtown, PA
I’m trying to be considerate and respectful of why everyone is a membed here…for the latest and accurate info about the Football Team. If we’re all being honest, we may follow and cheer for all the other men’s and women’s teams, but Michigan is a Football University first and foremost. A great Wolverine team will drive up applications by 10,000 over the average per year, like when Harbaugh became HC in 2015. I lived in A2 from ‘94 to December of ‘99 on Pauline St. not far from Main, so nobody knows better than I that as the Football Team goes, so goes the whole vibe in Ann Arbor. As a result, I’m being really aware of the flow of the board as to when it’s acceptable to post an OT topic and when it is not. Late night on the Den is a safe time and I have 2 topics to post..

1). A question for the gun enthusiasts here. Ironic that I’m a true blue liberal that believes in the 2nd Amendment, I just think that people who have serious violent mental disorders, like me, shouldn’t be granted a carry and conceal permit without a background check. I really shouldn’t be allowed to even purchase a handgun..if people only knew what runs through my head when I’m explosively angry. But I had to get a C&C permit in Durham and I got comfortable being strapped with my Pops Model 1911 while in NC, because my 2 partners were too chicks**t to take 30,000$ or whatever large sum in cash to the bank every day and, as I’ve said before, I don’t feel fear because I can’t. Durham was pretty rough and tumble, but it ain’t Detroit or Philly. I have a question about an American weapon that is hard to get and I need some expert advise.

2) will be about the new “Mad Max Saga: Furiousa” movie coming out next week from the perspective of a Mad Max fanatic who snuck in the Lincoln Theater to see it at midnight, as movie censors deemed the violence so gratuitous and shocking that it got the most extreme rating below X, restricting it’s show times after midnight just like the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Turned out to be the best advertising the distributor could hope for, and Mad Max became a cult hit that made a lot of US dollars and spread the word of the movie world wide in the Analog Age..quite an accomplishment for 1979. I’ll review the previous 4 movies critically, and why I changed my mind about seeing Furiousa after reading on Motortrend.com about all the practical stunts performed in the film with the purpose of using no cgi effects as a tribute to the first 2 Mad Max films, with all the monstrous vehicles being running and roadworthy with almost no cgi in the film..old school stunts by old school stunt folks..that totally changed my mind about this film. In fact, the minute amount of cgi in the movie was added after Miller finished the film, further editing the film was made by the studio without his consent. My only worry is Chris Helmsworth as the antagonist “Dementus”. He’s been freaking out that the Thor movies typecasted him, and to quote the totally un-pc classic “Tropic Thunder”, I’m worried he may have gone “Full-Retard” in the Dementus role, in an awful overcompensation trying to separate himself from Thor. It would ruin the film for me and I’d never watch anything he was in again..I have strong opinions about the Mad Max series of films as you’ll see in my post. This film is something really cool to have a discussion about and I’m looking forward to all the differing opinions.

See ya on The Den: Late Night…when some of the best off color, off topic threads happen.

Argus

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News