ADVERTISEMENT

Last nights game

mman1969

Sophomore
Jan 1, 2018
Holt Mi.
The defense has a lot of work to do, tailback out in the flat open 80% of the time and no defensive line pressure from the tackles. Offense was really ugly at times, but I'll take the win. Need to get things up to speed if we are going to win the B10 championship.

Game #1.. won't get too crazy. They ran a few pick plays vs man to get the RB open in the flat. I would have liked to see us force a FG in either of the sudden change situations but again week #1. Offense put together 3 str8 TD drives to get a firm grip on the game. We didn't stay aggressive with the passing game in the 2nd half but we all knew the game was over. We definitely have a lot of work to do..

The only thing that bothers me was the QB runs which has been a theme under Don Brown. If we can't slow down a running QB this year we can forget that B1G championship. Fields will eat us alive.

Last edited:
Game #1.. won't get to crazy. They ran a few pick plays vs man to get the RB open in the flat. I would have liked to see us force a FG in either of the sudden change situations but again week #1. Offense put together 3 str8 TD drives to get a firm grip on the game. We didn't stay aggressive with the passing game in the 2nd half but we all knew the game was over. We definitely have a lot of work to do..

The only thing that bothers me was the QB runs which has been a theme under Don Brown. If we can't slow down a running QB this year we can forget that B1G championship. Fields will eat us alive.
I agree with your assessment of the QB's runs, I wondered about that 3yrs ago and thought Brown would address it. If he is a master at defenses, he should of fixed it by now, because teams with mobile QB's will use it till we can find a way to stop it. Also I seen no pressure from the D tackles, I know we lost a lot from last year and thought our D line would fill right in where we left off last year. I can only hope that we can at least get better there.

I wasn't that impressed. Looked sloppy. They have a lot of work to do. Hopefully Talik Black and Charbonette can stay healthy. If not it could be another 2nd or 3rd place in the Big Ten. Even if they do stay healthy it could be another 2nd or 3rd place year.

I wasn't that impressed. Looked sloppy. They have a lot of work to do. Hopefully Talik Black and Charbonette can stay healthy. If not it could be another 2nd or 3rd place in the Big Ten. Even if they do stay healthy it could be another 2nd or 3rd place year.
It was the first game of the season, Harb's will get them rolling like a well oil machine by the time conference play starts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT