ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Tahoe Spartan...

tarun262

All-League
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2007
this one is for you since most of the other Spartan fan's that post here have random barbs without any logic. This was what I meant yesterday and ironically Grantland now publishes the same story.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2...ers-weak-links-ohio-state-alabama-baylor-tcu/

Read the biggest concern with MSU last year - they got torched...I mean absolutely torched by the 3 ranked teams they faced last year. It was the offense that kept them from going 0-3 in those games and kept them in each and every game last year. Ironically, I think you will be a more balanced team this year versus D heavy but I think your D will slightly regress but you O-line should be beastly. We'll know in about 13 weeks though I guess - actually probably next week once you guys play Oregon.

Are you 4? Did you even read what I wrote? I never said your team will be bad - comparing your performance to a terrible Michigan team last year? Hey if you want that to be your gage, then good for you. There is a reason I try not to engage with a lot of Spartan fans on the Wolverine site (except Lake Tahoe Spartan) because you all just throw random stats, barbs, and tons of emotions. My post was not about Michigan versus MSU. But hey whatever makes you happy man.

Reactions: Westcoast24
Are you 4? Did you even read what I wrote? I never said your team will be bad - comparing your performance to a terrible Michigan team last year? Hey if you want that to be your gage, then good for you. There is a reason I try not to engage with a lot of Spartan fans on the Wolverine site (except Lake Tahoe Spartan) because you all just throw random stats, barbs, and tons of emotions. My post was not about Michigan versus MSU. But hey whatever makes you happy man.
That spartoon might be the coveted "stupid post of the week" winner.

this one is for you since most of the other Spartan fan's that post here have random barbs without any logic. This was what I meant yesterday and ironically Grantland now publishes the same story.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2...ers-weak-links-ohio-state-alabama-baylor-tcu/

Read the biggest concern with MSU last year - they got torched...I mean absolutely torched by the 3 ranked teams they faced last year. It was the offense that kept them from going 0-3 in those games and kept them in each and every game last year. Ironically, I think you will be a more balanced team this year versus D heavy but I think your D will slightly regress but you O-line should be beastly. We'll know in about 13 weeks though I guess - actually probably next week once you guys play Oregon.

Yes, Michigan State did not do very well verses these 3 teams. However, we are talking about three top 5 teams that are more known for offense then defense. MSU basically held them to their season averages.

Total yards

Baylor
season = 581
Vs. MSU = 583

Ohio State
Season = 507
Vs. MSU = 568

Oregon
Season = 547
Vs. MSU = 491

MSU's offense will have to keep up with Oregon, Ohio State, and a few others this season to give them a chance.

Yes, Michigan State did not do very well verses these 3 teams. However, we are talking about three top 5 teams that are more known for offense then defense. MSU basically held them to their season averages.

Total yards

Baylor
season = 581
Vs. MSU = 583

Ohio State
Season = 507
Vs. MSU = 568

Oregon
Season = 547
Vs. MSU = 491

MSU's offense will have to keep up with Oregon, Ohio State, and a few others this season to give them a chance.

Those season averages were inflated by playing alot of weak teams. Are you saying MSU's defense last season could only stop
poor offenses'?

Those season averages were inflated by playing alot of weak teams. Are you saying MSU's defense last season could only stop
poor offenses'?
Yes, MSU could only stop the non-elite teams last season. The elite teams were able to do what they do to everyone else. Am I dismissed from the stand now?

Michigan was far from terrible. It did have a top 10 D.

Once again - reason why I try really hard to not engage with MSU folks on this board. Michigan defense has nothing to do with MSU defense - last I checked, the defenses don't play each other. We were ranked 111th on offense and hence that is who your defense plays against. Maybe in East Lansing the D's go up against each other? Michigan was absolutely horrendous on offense - I think we were ranked 114th in scoring as well - you should be really proud that you held us to 11 points - woo hoo. Seriously man, do you read before you write or just write for the sake of wanting to say something that adds no value?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT