ADVERTISEMENT

LaFontaine departs

Capt28

All-League
Jan 23, 2008
https://247sports.com/college/michi...leave-Wolverines-after-two-seasons-119189135/

Well, too bad, we were all plenty hyped (including Spath - remember him?) 3 years ago when Jack committed from the Janesville Jets and looked like he could be a real find. I still think he could have competed with and shared time, and played equally well as, Lavigne in the coming season. But , with Strauss Mann coming in (hopefully he doesn't do a last minute detour . . .), three goalies battling for PT is too many.

Well, coming back to college hockey perhaps, but unless he is deeply enamoured of completing his Michigan degree (a very worthwhile goal, of course), why would he come back to Michigan? - in 2019-20 he would presumably be faced with competing with - LaVigne and Mann- just like 2018-19..

Yeah, the idea of him coming back to Michigan after a year away doesn't make much sense to me--unless they expect Mann to win the job and Lavigne to grad transfer or something like that. I know he's supposedly a really good student, but unless he's ready to give up on the idea of hockey as a career, I don't see coming back next year as something that'd benefit him unless they're expecting attrition.

Reactions: clevelandcane
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT