ADVERTISEMENT

Just wanted to apologize…

Josh Henschke

Publisher
Staff
Oct 26, 2021
To anyone that I might’ve made nervous today about Marsh and Washington.

This is probably unnecessary and me ending up over explaining things but we believe in transparency here and you all deserve to hear stuff from me.

I wasn’t try to sell drama for clicks or anything like that, there was some legitimate concern about Washington making a last second push and I briefly contemplated not even saying anything at all. Hindsight suggests I should’ve just kept it to myself as now it always appeared it was going to be Michigan but it’s damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Especially if things went the other way.

But there’s a reason why Sherrone wasn’t tweeting any eyeballs and there was not any definitive word about a decision. As I said, Michigan’s lead was likely large enough where the late push didn’t matter much in hindsight but you don’t really know when things are kind of cloudy in the moment.

I’m not sitting here thinking anyone is saying that’s what we’re doing here from our subscriber base, I have some regrets with how I worded things and this is just me beating myself up and not coming from someone publicly or privately. I apologize if anyone took what I said in any other way than updating up to the minute information.

Either way, I am glad I trusted my gut and stuck with those who we speak to, they had us on the right path from the start but it’s safe to say there were some indigestion issues in the hour or so leading up to the announcement.

I’ll shut up now. We appreciate you all being here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.