ADVERTISEMENT

Just so that we're clear on Harbaugh...

Dec 21, 2009
I'm all for game to game criticism. There are things we could have done better in games that we've both won and loss. We should discuss what the team, coaching staff, etc is doing well vs what they need to improve on. However, is anyone seriously talking about wanting him to leave? Like seriously?

10-3, 10-3, 8-3?.. That's 28-9.. even if that ends up and 28-11 big deal...

Why are people so caught up on this 3rd year thing? It just so happens that in Harbaugh's 3rd year he has no upperclassmen. We sent double digit players to the NFL people. We had 5 returning starters.

Also, our best QB BY FAR has been a 1 year rental from Iowa. Speight played well last year until the injury. This year QB has been a nightmare of musical chairs but we're still 8-3. Look at how a QB injury devastated FSU. They probably have more overall talent on their roster and they're not even going to make a bowl game. I think the staff has done a good job with what they had at QB.

Let's hope that Peters is our QB and that the OL gets better over time. They've shown some grown in the 2nd half of the season. We haven't had a solid OL yet and while I know he bears some responsibility for that, it looks like the talent is getting better. The RBs are getting better as well. To date we haven't had a Saquon Barkley, Johnathon Taylor type RB or a McSorley or JT Barrett type QB. You need top talent to compete for titles be it division, conference or natty.

I'd be far more concerned if we had that type of talent and never won anything. Until we get it, I'm not that concerned. If anything we have to recruit even better than we have so far.

I would be concerned about the OL. They have not played well against teams with a winning record. In those three games the running game is gaining less the 2.8 yards per run. The big concern is the two best OL are graduating in Cole and Kugler. The RT needs to toughen up and I am not sure how well the redshirts and reserves will play next year. The interior has a chance to be good, but I worry about Oweneau. I feel he is too heavy and tires as the game progresses. It might also lengthen the time it takes to come back from an injury. I think the RB's have regressed under the new RB coach and their pass blocking is not improving. It could be a factor in the QB's getting clocked more than they should. The run game against good teams is not where it should be if the game is to be won.

I'm all for game to game criticism. There are things we could have done better in games that we've both won and loss. We should discuss what the team, coaching staff, etc is doing well vs what they need to improve on. However, is anyone seriously talking about wanting him to leave? Like seriously?

10-3, 10-3, 8-3?.. That's 28-9.. even if that ends up and 28-11 big deal...

Why are people so caught up on this 3rd year thing? It just so happens that in Harbaugh's 3rd year he has no upperclassmen. We sent double digit players to the NFL people. We had 5 returning starters.

Also, our best QB BY FAR has been a 1 year rental from Iowa. Speight played well last year until the injury. This year QB has been a nightmare of musical chairs but we're still 8-3. Look at how a QB injury devastated FSU. They probably have more overall talent on their roster and they're not even going to make a bowl game. I think the staff has done a good job with what they had at QB.

Let's hope that Peters is our QB and that the OL gets better over time. They've shown some grown in the 2nd half of the season. We haven't had a solid OL yet and while I know he bears some responsibility for that, it looks like the talent is getting better. The RBs are getting better as well. To date we haven't had a Saquon Barkley, Johnathon Taylor type RB or a McSorley or JT Barrett type QB. You need top talent to compete for titles be it division, conference or natty.

I'd be far more concerned if we had that type of talent and never won anything. Until we get it, I'm not that concerned. If anything we have to recruit even better than we have so far.

I don’t want him home but dome of you are still stuck in fantasy land regarding what he has not accomplished.

All the excuses in the world don’t change many facts that point to some major concerns.

As a fan, you can ignore analyzing real red flags, enjoy the ride and hope he turns things around.

Or you can see the reality for what it is, share legitimate, harsh criticism of his lack of results and our regression, and then hope he turns things around.

I choose the latter.

I don’t want him home but dome of you are still stuck in fantasy land regarding what he has not accomplished.

All the excuses in the world don’t change many facts that point to some major concerns.

As a fan, you can ignore analyzing real red flags, enjoy the ride and hope he turns things around.

Or you can see the reality for what it is, share legitimate, harsh criticism of his lack of results and our regression, and then hope he turns things around.

I choose the latter.

A team playing with 5 returning starters and musical chairs @ QB all season isn't regression. It's making lemonade out of lemons. Like I said, look @ FSU w/o their starting QB. Garbage. And this isn't the time for people to bring up reloading like Bama or other elite programs. We don't have that level of talent yet. Hopefully this will be the last time we have 5 returning starters going forward. We need to recruit a lot better especially @ QB, RB and OL to take this thing to the next level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT