ADVERTISEMENT

Just like 1984 and 1985; focus on Pink Locker Rooms

cidsports

Letterman
Nov 8, 2001
Bo made a deal out of them and lost back to back games in 1984 and 1985 at Iowa.

Why take the trouble Jim Harbaugh?

Iowa opened 2016 in the Top 25. I attended the Week 2 game where Iowa pounded Iowa State 42-10 or something like that.

Any given Saturday, we see surprises in College Football.

However, not since Iowa-Michigan #1 vs. #2 have we witnessed #2, #3 and #4 fall.

Each time, it involved an Iowa vs. Michigan game and Jim Harbaugh, Kirk Ferentz and pink Locker Rooms.

The 2004 game in Ann Arbor was physical. This game was more like 1981 and 1998, as well.

It is always nice to attend an Iowa-Michigan game. Many in the Iowa fan base forgot about the competitive nature of this series in Iowa City.

Iowa was a spoiler this season, like 1984.

Some of us Hawkeye fans never quit believing trust me. A blackout night game in Iowa City, with an intense crowd playing with nothing to lose?.. Iowa has now won 5 of the last 6 meeetings. Michigan has only 1 win against Iowa since 2006.. 10 years. Lets not go back farther than that.. I know it gets ugly for Iowa;)

Im pulling hard for you guys to beat OSU fwiw. I always root for that. Good luck the rest of the way.

Reactions: blue-boy
Iowa's last visit to Ann Arbor was ugly too, much like last week's visit to Happy Valley.

PSU wasn't happy with Iowa during Joe Pa days, since 1976, especially in State College.

That's football. Evy and Bump Elliott were Michigan and Iowa men.

OSU not. From a coaches standpoint.

Iowa fans have nothing but respect for Michigan. Historically, they are the "gold standard" for the Big Ten, along with Ohio State. That is why Iowa victories over Michigan are rare and always cherished.

If you combined the Iowa and Michigan rosters, I'm not sure how many Hawks would find playing time. But, Iowa has played many inspired games against the Wolves, and "on any given Saturday ....".

Michigan will beat tOSU and win the East, beat Wisky and go to the playoffs. I will be rooting for them to bring down 'Bama. This loss to the Hawks will simply be a footnote (assuming your QB is ok).

Reactions: GoBlue_since1985
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT