ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Norris and Quinn Hughes...

Bob Miller

All-American
Jun 25, 2001
...made a big difference in Michigan's 4-1 win over Vermont Friday night. Can they back it up on Saturday?

In all honesty, that was a complete team performance, too. Very impressive.

Not bad players, are they..

Very worried about Norris at the end of the first- my wife saw him go down, and it looked really painful. The way he played for the rest of the game- wow.

Hughes- magic with the puck, and he will clearly learn when he's not going to keep that puck- a few times he held onto it too long. But the overall play was really impressive.

The team, though. To have that kind of shot raito was really something to watch. It's been a while since it's been that lopsided.

And I have to take back my comments about LaFontaine- he looked really good out there. (and Mel did comment about alternating them for a few more weeks to see if one takes the pipes to himself)

FAR fewer times that the puck was coughed up in their own season.

Can't emphasize more how valuable it is to have a guy (Hughes) who can take the puck in his own zone and own it all the way into the offensive zone. Yeah, he overdid it a few times, but I'll take that anytime in exchange for his possession ability. Hope we get two years out of him.

FAR fewer times that the puck was coughed up in their own season.

Can't emphasize more how valuable it is to have a guy (Hughes) who can take the puck in his own zone and own it all the way into the offensive zone. Yeah, he overdid it a few times, but I'll take that anytime in exchange for his possession ability. Hope we get two years out of him.
IMHO, he'll learn quickly.

His play *seemed* to be an example to the rest of the D to skate with the puck at least a little- which makes the passes more deliberate. And that deliberate play seemed to me as a key part in why we barely spent time in our zone. The amount of "panic" time was under a minute of time for the entire 60 min, and even that wasn't that worrying.

This can be a very fun season to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT